Thread: New Truck Pictures Finally

New Truck Pictures Finally

I finally got some daylight to take pictures of the new truck. It is a 2006 Colorado Crew Cab 2WD with the I-5 engine. We'd been talking about what to do when my old Ranger needed to be replaced and I realized that if we could find the appropriate vehicle, we could replace my truck and our minivan with one vehicle and go back to 2 vehicles instead of 3. So I started looking at Rangers, then found out that Chevy made the crew cab so I stopped to check one out. I ended up taking it home.

This past week the dealer removed a pinstipe they had installed and put on the towing package. I also removed all the chrome emblems from the sides and back of the truck, which I think makes the truck look a lot sleeker. Today I installed some Husky brand mud flaps made specifically for the Colorado. I don't really like the look of mud flaps, but we live on a dirt road, so I decided I didn't have much choice. These don't look bad at all since they blend in pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Inside has plenty of room, even for long trips. Still need to get something better than the factory rubber floor mats. Rubber would be OK, but these don't have any kind of ridge to keep the slop from running off. It is sorely lacking in storage for stuff for the driver as it only has a small storage bin in the armrest. I picked up a very cheap ($4) plastic console but it is growing on me and meets my needs pretty well.

BTW, the grey "thing" in the cup holder is a cool little iPod holder made by Griffin which I found at Comp-USA for $10. Link. I also found an accessory which plugs into the factory radio under the dash and lets you control your iPod using the factory radio controls. Instead of an FM modulator, it provides a direct connection, and also provides a connection for another accessory (like an XM reciever.) Link. I have one on order already!
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 11-18-2006 at 5:03 PM.

Matt,

Nice looking truck. I've been contemplating getting one too. How is the excelleration? Is the back seat usable for to additional adults? If it runs as good as my Silverado has then you're going to have it a while.

truck

good luck ! looks great did it come with the 100,000 mile warrenty? George

The power is way better than my old 3.0L ranger. Its something like 220HP with the I5 engine. Definitely more power than the rear tires can handle. When I test drove it, I got out and got in the back seat behind the drivers seat. I fit no problem and I'm 6'. I wouldn't want to ride back there for several hours, but it will definitely work for adults around town. I've driven to lunch a few times and 4 of us fit. The 2006's don't have the 100K warranty, but did have $3000 in rebates.

Looks great, Matt! (And that booster seat sure looks familiar...LOL!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Trucks are great. Don't know how I got on so long without one. Looks like you picked a good one.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

One accessory to look for are wheel well liners for the rear. They hide all the suspension stuff which makes the truck look a lot sleeper. The liners also keep all the stuff from the wheels from getting into the suspension stuff - keeps the dirt and stones from flying over.

Ive got an 05 extended cab 4x4. 15,500 miles on the I5 and no problems yet. I did have the front output shaft seals replaced under warranty, and the evaporator replaced under warranty as well, but thats it.

I also replaced the crappy Generals that came on it with Michelin LTX M/S in 30x9.5, 5 turns on the TB's and 2" lift shackles on the back. Rhino Lined the bed and added a Leer 100XL cap.

EDIT: thats an old pic. I had those new Goodyear Wranglers on there, and could not get them to run smoothly on the highway, after 3 sets. So I ditched them for the Michelins.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...1&d=1163905002
    Last edited by Kris Casey; 11-18-2006 at 10:05 PM.