Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Fund Drive Ever

Best Fund Drive Ever

I know some are going to get after me about the stats with the fund drive. The fact is that we won't have a solid total for at least a week. It takes awhile to count everything up, get the totals, and wait for the snail-mail. But that's not going to keep me from making some good educated guesstimates.

Here goes:

New Members - 797
    (This one is solid because I can look it up on the memebership list. Bet ya it's well over 800 if you include this morning.)

Contributions - 412 Final Tally - 444
    (I'm out on a limb with this one. I'm usually somewhere between 30-40 behind the actual count when it comes. Last count from Keith was 372. So, being the optimist that I am, I'll add 40.)

Totals of Contributions - $8,240 Final Tally - $8,344.94
    (I'm so far out on a limb with this one that the branch is about to break. However, in the past we've averaged just about $20 per contribution, thus using my addmittedly optimistic number of 412 contributors, that's where we should be.)

I'll edit this thread as I get some actual numbers. But, no matter where we end up, this has been a great drive and you all are awsome. We know it's tough to be a member supported site, but you have proven, being the good folks you are, it can be done.

Thanks a bunch,

John

Last edited by John Bailey; 12-02-2006 at 4:07 PM.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Good, but not good enough

Yes, it looks like we have enough money to operate for another year, but I am disappointed we did not get a LOT more participation. 400 out of 3000+ is not a good batting average. When one owns something one takes better care of it. Owner occupied housing is usually better maintained than rental housing, for instance. A larger percentage of "owners" here would make it even better - imho.

It is never too late to "buy a piece of the creek".
    18th century nut --- Carl

Proud to be a 2007 Contributor!!!

This site is the BEST! I haven't been here a year yet and can't wait until the new hats and shirts come this new year so I can proudly wear my SMC gear! As much as I thought it would be a great idea for one add at the top because of the $$$ involved. I have to say that inside I feel as a group we did good!

Thank you to all the financial contributors, but also thank you to everyone who contributes questions, knowledge and a sense of community. However you support SMC, it's stronger because of you!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman

It is never too late to "buy a piece of the creek".
    Good point Carl, but I'm just going to enjoy the efforts of those who contributed for the time being. In the past, we've had many members contribute throughout the year, I'm sure we will again.

Again, can't say enough about you good folks,

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

I can't add much to the stats yet, I am still inputting PayPal donations and checks but I am very near the end.

The last figure I have on my sheet is $7,434.94 so it is unlikey we will make the eight grand figure but a successfull fund drive and we appreciate your support. No matter what the final numbers end up being we will definately be Member Suported for another year and will be able to build a second server for The Creek. The new server will be used in conjunction with our existing server to share the load between web page hosting and our database. The new configuration will provide more serving power than we will need for some time to come.

I expect that we will be able to get our new server built and bring it online sometime during the upcoming holidays. We will require a maintenance shutdown to add the new machine and upgrade vBulletin plus a couple other support programs and last but not least reinstall our chat server. Aaron and I will also take a look at some of the recent vBulletin add-ons that would provide more features for our Community.

I'm already on it! I have contacted our vendor and we are putting together a spec for the parts we will need for the new server and I should have a final qoute later this afternoon.

As a kind of reward for having to put up with our constant nagging during November we have several FreeStuff Drawings coming your way. My signature indicates that a full set of Bowclamps are first up and there are more drawings on the way....good luck to everyone in our Drawings and thanks again for your continued support.

Keith

Thumbs up Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey

Good point Carl, but I'm just going to enjoy the efforts of those who contributed for the time being. In the past, we've had many members contribute throughout the year, I'm sure we will again.

Again, can't say enough about you good folks,

John
    I'm thinking you guys already have what I was going to say covered quite nicely! Thanks again to all those who donated toward the fund drive, as well as to all those who continue to donate through your input here at the Creek! After all, YOU are the Creek!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I'd like to thank John for taking this on again this year! Thanks for your efforts John!

But I have to admit......you're the first "cheerleader" I've seen with a beard....and the thought of you in a short skirt....Well I won't even go there!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thumbs up Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    I'd like to thank John for taking this on again this year! Thanks for your efforts John!

But I have to admit......you're the first "cheerleader" I've seen with a beard....and the thought of you in a short skirt....Well I won't even go there!
    LOL! Yeah, what Ken said! Well done, John. Thanks much!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Many thanks to John B. for heading up the fund drive again this year and thanks to all You CREEKERS for stepping up to the plate to help keep SMC alive and running well.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Can I assume that for those of us that procrastination is a way of life, a donation coming in after the dead line is ok??

Al...who's gets a bit forgetful at times

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits
    Can I assume that for those of us that procrastination is a way of life, a donation coming in after the dead line is ok??

Al...who's gets a bit forgetful at times
    Howdy Al,

Sure....any time is fine. We all procrastinate from time to time, just some of us are better at it than others.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis - isn't there a rule buried somewhere in the TOS about forgetful Minnesotans having to triple their donation?
    Only the Blue Roads

Another contribution on the way!

I promised a donation if SMC remained advertiser free for 2007. I see Keith says that that will happen. My contribution is in the mail, snail mail that is!

This is a great forum, thanks to Keith, Jackie, Aaron, all the moderators, contributors, and members who make it happen.

Jonathan

Snail Mailed mine on 11-13 and still have not been credited. You gotta cash those checks guys.
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow