Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Fund Drive Ever

Keith..I understand that you are busy, and perhaps overwhelmed. It is a huge responsibility that you have taken on. Perhaps it is time to delegate authority and responsibility to yet another person.

I made my contribution in June of 06 through pay pal. It would have been in my name "Doug Jones" and I suspect that the "other" Doug Jones got credit for it....I do not recognize this "Douglas Jones" that I had to register as and therefore did not make the distinction at the time.

Doug

Doug,

I found your PayPal donation, it was recorded by PayPal on June 25th as Doug Jones and it was registered to Doug Jones not Douglas Jones.

This kind of thing happens often with so many people here and names that are very close or identical. Possibly you might consider changing your username to Doug Jones of Oregon or something simular.

I just updated your account Doug to give you credit for your donation.

I am ahead of you concerning getting help, in fact Aaron was supposed to take over the finances here before the fund drive. Unfortunately he had a huge workload dropped on him at William and Mary and couldn't take the reigns in time...well that is the story he gave me The problem with us all being part time is that our day jobs get in the way and our schedules are tentative at best. We do the best we can.

Thanks,
    Keith

Thank you for the research Keith, I will now contribute, again for 2007 for a very worthwile forum.

Doug Jones (the real one) of Oregon!

edit: Keith...not sure how to make the change from Douglas Jones (who ever that may be!) to Doug Jones from Oregon

I'm thinking that is something only you can do!

Doug (from Oregon and dang proud of it!)
    Last edited by Doug Jones from Oregon; 12-03-2006 at 12:27 AM.

Doug,

Say the word and I will edit your username.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Doug,

Say the word and I will edit your username.
    Keith, I believe he clearly inferred that with his last post. I think he'd be a happy camper if you just slammed that in there before his next logon!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Geez,

It has been a little hectic with me working 70-80 work weeks and I must have missed the other thread. If I did not see this thread I would have never known there was another round VC funding . You should be getting my Paypal and count me in to providing support.

What else have I missed lately?

Cheers,
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Konopka
    Geez,

What else have I missed lately?

Cheers,
    First off, thanks much for pitching in, Rich! It's greatly appreciated. And hey, if you're in the "giving mood", you may want to check this thread out: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46926 Steve Clardy has just experienced a devastating blow, courtesy of Mother Nature. He's OK but, his shop isn't and that's how the man provides for his family. Any consideration on your part will be welcomed! Thanks man and, go get yourself a cold beer and veg out for a bit! 80-hour work weeks are no fun! Been there, done that, and wasn't even offered the T-shirt!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hagan
    10% of the members contributing is a big deal. I don't know of another on-line community that is successful doing this on this scale. If you can find one, I'd be interested in seeing it!
    It is a great accomplishment, thanks to all who contributed this year to keep the 'Creek afloat for another year. We will have lots of improvements coming down the pipe, particularly over the holidays as Keith mentioned.

10% is actually a great number for an online community. However, we are not just any online community--this is SawmillCreek! On and ever upward!
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Keith,
    My contribution might be one of the "mystery" ones. Snail mailed on 11-13-06 but the check has my given name (Lucien Morrissette). If that has not been received let me know and I'll send another one.

Thanks

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Lou,

I have not been a able to find a check with your name on it. Was it from you personally or from a company. If it was from you, we have not received it yet.

Jackie

Cool

My check is in the mail.

Hey John:

Can you give us an update on the totals? I was a bit late for the Nov drive, but added my contribution in Dec.

thanks Joe

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    You're welcome, you're, welcome, No big thing, least I could do........ .
    Truly a great investment
    Thanks
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Joe,

The totals as of this morning are;

$8,913.94 with 477 Members Donating which is an average donation of $18.68

We have enough to build a new dual processor server (number 2) plus update our software. We can either purchase a new battery backup or wait untill we have more funds to replace server number 1.

Everything we collect beyond our bare bones cost of $5,500.00 we will spend on The Creek on new hardware and software. We would need about $11 grand total build 2 new servers, replace our battery backup and pay our bandwidth and sysadmin expenses. We would have to collect the funds quickly if we wanted to get the parts to build 2 servers in and get them both online during the holidays.

What Say Ye?

Thumbs up Not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Everything we collect beyond our bare bones cost of $5,500.00 we will spend on The Creek on new hardware and software. We would need about $11 grand total build 2 new servers, replace our battery backup and pay our bandwidth and sysadmin expenses. We would have to collect the funds quickly if we wanted to get the parts to build 2 servers in and get them both online during the holidays.

What Say Ye?

Wow, gettin' there but, wouldn't it be nice if we could indeed cover the balance to get the dual servers going right off the bat? I know that hardware management and administration time would be cut way down doing it all at once. We could literally "skate" through the next couple/three years w/o having to worry about major upgrades! Heck, we'd even be able to give John Bailey some time "off"!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas