Yo Creekers. We got any HVAC people here who might have an idea what is going on with my furnace?
- We have a forced-air natural gas furnace - mid efficiency, probably 20yrs old
- have a Honeywell Chronotherm III thermostat
- tonite the furnace won't kick in. The thermostat seems to keep trying - instead of a single click, when the heating cycle starts, it gives a double-click and nothing happens.
- I can manually turn the fan on.
- I have been down and pulled the cover off the furnance and it is just sitting there - the pilot light is not kicking in.
- I think we changed the batteries recently, but I'm not 100% sure. (and as soon as my wife gets home from her errands I'll pop out for a new set just to be sure.)