Thread: Paging John "Monkey Boy" Milunas - My screwdriver has been flogged for you.

Paging John "Monkey Boy" Milunas - My screwdriver has been flogged for you.

Okay... that did not sound right.

Anyhow. John requested that I give my new powered screwdriver a good flogging and report on the results. I am happy to say that the screwdriver lasted for 6 days, 4-5 hours a day. This was manly used for electrical conduit fittings, mudrings, and a few band clamps on some flexible ductwork. I even drove a couple of drywall screws into place, but it did not like that too much. Size has been a real bonus. I can get into tight spots with no problem and it fits in my pants pocket easily.

Two thumbs up so far!

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages

Anyhow. John requested that I give my new powered screwdriver a good flogging and report on the results. I am happy to say that the screwdriver lasted for 6 days, 4-5 hours a day. This was manly used for electrical conduit fittings, mudrings, and a few band clamps on some flexible ductwork. I even drove a couple of drywall screws into place, but it did not like that too much. Size has been a real bonus. I can get into tight spots with no problem and it fits in my pants pocket easily.

Two thumbs up so far!

Dan
    You just throw it away and get a new one then????

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Watchoo talkin bout Willis? In case "Monkey Boy" dont jump in here and clear this up - just what kind of tool are we talkin bout.
    Use the fence Luke

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages

Two thumbs up so far!

Dan
    Well, far out, Dan!!! Sounds like you've got yourself a winner there, my friend. I actually took a peek at one the last time I was in Sears (NO, wasn't buying tools! ). It does indeed appear to be a right handy size for many tasks. I know the LOML already has "something" in mind for a Christmas present for me, so that's out but, maybe after the Holiday expenses are done with, I may spring for one. My wrists and thumbs can use the assist. Thanks much for the update!

Doug, we're just gonna' keep you guessing!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Doug, we're just gonna' keep you guessing!
    Well at least I understand where Monkey Boy came from now. Don't think I'd noticed your new avatar pic before. Just out of curiousity - might we be talking about the Bosch thing with the movable head? I might be lettin Santa put that one on my CC based on earlier replies to a thread I started a while back.
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shepard
    Well at least I understand where Monkey Boy came from now. Don't think I'd noticed your new avatar pic before. Just out of curiousity - might we be talking about the Bosch thing with the movable head? I might be lettin Santa put that one on my CC based on earlier replies to a thread I started a while back.
    Nope. Nyet. Not it! You gots two more guesses! I actually already gave you a slight clue. Here's another: You may be able to find this particular tool at Target, Shopko, Walfart and who knows...Maybe even Walgreens!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    ... You may be able to find this particular tool at Target, Shopko, Walfart and who knows...Maybe even Walgreens!
    No wonder I cant get it . I don't shop at any of those places, except Walgreens once in a while for an Rx. Now I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. Oh the torment.
    Use the fence Luke

No wonder I cant get it . I don't shop at any of those places, except Walgreens once in a while for an Rx. Now I'm not going to get any sleep tonight. Oh the torment.
    Ohhhh, OK....Seeing as to how it's Christmas and all that! Sure don't want to deprive you of your beauty sleep! This is where it all started:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=46862

Looks like a handy little toyl!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

It's deja vu all over again. That's the gizmo I originally asked about on this thread that got the recommendations for the Bosch instead
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=45839
    Use the fence Luke

It's deja vu all over again. That's the gizmo I originally asked about on this thread that got the recommendations for the Bosch instead
    LOL! Crazy how it all works out sometimes, ain't it? FWIW, my thumb/wrist is still a bit tender, even after the corrective surgery. Handling a screwdriver is one thing which does set off the pain even more. I'm seriously considering the Skil, as it appears to be a low-cost, yet effective solution. Plus, with Dan doing the original testing on his buck$, it puts some of my reservations about it to rest.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

My original need was a small tool to drive screws and tighten band clamps in tight spaces. For the $39 price, it cannot be beat. The Bosch is definately more powerful with a removable battery... at 3x the price. I would dare say that these are two completely different beasts. The Skil is a competent mini screwdriver and the Bosch is a light duty drill alternative.

It works very well for what it is.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Mages; 12-15-2006 at 9:00 AM.
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.