Thread: xkyxkhj .. I'm a reasonably

Angry xkyxkhj .. I'm a reasonably

well educated guy and fairly loaded with smarts ...

Why the heck can't I get a pic to load on this forum??????????? Four attempts and four edits and four deletes.

There's gotta be a simplier way!!!

Here's some easy instructions:

1) Prepare your photo for upload. It should be in JPG format and have a file size of no more than 100k. To accomplish the latter, adjust the size, in pixels, of the photo with your photo software and/or change the compression ratio for the JPG save. I recommend that your pictures be no larger than 500 pixels wide for upload to this forum site as larger ones tend to make the threads harder to read due to the need to start scrolling the browser window. If you have trouble with whatever photo program you are currently using, consider something like Adobe Photoshop Elements...easy to use and has a "save for web" feature that really makes it easy to prepare your photos for upload.

2) After creating the text for your post, click on "Manage Attachments". You will see a pop-up window appear on your screen.

3) Click on "Browse" and find your picture on your computer. Once you select it by double-clicking on the file name, you are returned to the pop-up window.

4) Click on "Add This File"...and wait until you see it appear in the lower area of the pop-up window.

5) If you want to add additional photos, up to a total of five, repeat steps 3 and 4.

6) Click on "All Done". That will close the pop-up window and return you to the posting window. Click on "Submit..." to enter your post with the pictures included.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim

I knew that I had done everything correctly .. jpeg, right size, etc ... but no luck ... what I was doing wrong was not waiting patiently long enough for the jpeg to show up in the box window...... patience?? right

Appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Here's some easy instructions:

1) Prepare your photo for upload. It should be in JPG format and have a file size of no more than 100k. To accomplish the latter, adjust the size, in pixels, of the photo with your photo software and/or change the compression ratio for the JPG save. I recommend that your pictures be no larger than 500 pixels wide for upload to this forum site as larger ones tend to make the threads harder to read due to the need to start scrolling the browser window. If you have trouble with whatever photo program you are currently using, consider something like Adobe Photoshop Elements...easy to use and has a "save for web" feature that really makes it easy to prepare your photos for upload.

2) After creating the text for your post, click on "Manage Attachments". You will see a pop-up window appear on your screen.

3) Click on "Browse" and find your picture on your computer. Once you select it by double-clicking on the file name, you are returned to the pop-up window.

4) Click on "Add This File"...and wait until you see it appear in the lower area of the pop-up window.

5) If you want to add additional photos, up to a total of five, repeat steps 3 and 4.

6) Click on "All Done". That will close the pop-up window and return you to the posting window. Click on "Submit..." to enter your post with the pictures included.

Hi Ken,

That patience thing has gotten me while trying to load pictures too. I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery