Thread: Source - type styles (fonts)

Source - type styles (fonts)

Merry After Christmas!

The type styles that came with my Corel X3 program leave a lot to be desired. I would like more variation. Where can I purchase a cd with more variety?

Bob

Do a GOOGLE search on free fonts. There are a million of them out there, some real nice ones.

Talking you can buy them really cheap...

Ebay has some awame deals. I bought a DVD for $12.00 and I got 120,000 vector corporate logos along with 12,000 fonts. The fonts came with a program that lets you view the fonts and sorts them..... THere are AWESOME deals on Ebay for us laser folks.....

I love it when i talk with a customer and i say- here you go pick your font, i've got 12,000 different ones to select from.
    Carol VanArnam Epilog Helix 60w, Corel 12, I like chocolate.....

Quote Originally Posted by Carol VanArnam
    I love it when i talk with a customer and i say- here you go pick your font, i've got 12,000 different ones to select from.
    I used to think so too (17,000 here) but once you'll have someone ask to see ALL OF THEM and won't be so anxious to tell them that.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Bob --

Take a look here. http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/typoasis1.htm This is one of many sites with free fonts.

Especially look at the contributions by Paul Lloyd and Dieter Steffman. And most especially look at the contributions by Manfred Klein. I have no idea how one man can be so prolific.

Here is a site with many good offerings that are not free, but certainly priced within reach. http://www.fontcraft.com/csa/fontcraft.php

About those cheap font CD's ... often they are made up of fonts that have been downloaded when the designer has provided them free (as does typoasis), the fonts are then put on a CD and sold by someone who didn't design them. There are far fewer sites than just a couple years ago that offer free fonts. Mostly because many designers got tired of having their free contributions included in somebody elses commercial offerings.

Hope this gives you a place to start.

Robin

Ed Newbold Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Tate
    Do a GOOGLE search on free fonts. There are a million of them out there, some real nice ones.
    I use an excellent site for free fonts, and they've never failed me when I needed one:
    http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-s9.html

Cheers,

Thanks a bunch for the leads...I did some searches yesterday and found many sites with fonts for sale...some over $5,000!!! I think the key word I didn't use during the search was...FREE. I'll check out your leads in the next couple of days.

Thanks again.

Bob