Thread: Grizzly Coupon

Grizzly Coupon

Just read in another thread about a $100.00 coupon in the Dec.-Jan. issue of Wood. I don't have that issue. I am about to order a 1023slx (by the end of the year). When I put in all the information for the order, there was nowhere to enter for coupons. Is this coupon good for any purchase, or only for a bandsaw? Thanks

Coupons

Ron,
    I think it only applies to the jointers and bandsaws from looking at the website, but wouldn't hurt to give them a ring and ask. A $100 coupon is worth the call.....

I just called grizzly about this as I was going to buy the shopfox W1706 (the shopfox upgraded version of the grizzly G0555) but at 100 bucks off I can definately go with the G0555. But like you couldnt find where to put the code in so I called Grizzly. Here is what they told me... The code is only good for the items shown in that particular ad in wood magazine. And to use the discount you have to call the order in and tell them you want to use a media code. Then give them the "woodmo612" number from the ad and you will get your 100 dollar discount.

Can somebody who has this issue of wood magazine check the ad and tell me if the G0555 bandsaw is listed in the ad? I really dont want to run across town and brave the post-christmas traffic by the mall on my lunchbreak to go to the bookstore and buy the issue if the item I'm interested in isn't even listed in the ad.
    Last edited by Adam Bauer; 12-28-2006 at 10:47 AM.

I don't currently have that issue of WOOD so I need your help. Could somebody please list the jointers that are covered by this coupon?? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Jim

I have the issue in front of me, but can't see anything about a coupon. But to answer some questions, the G0555 saw is listed (sale price $395), as is the 1023SLX table saw ($1250). The following jointers are in the ad:

G0452, G0586, G0593, and G0490.

Good luck.

I'm looking at the Grizzly ad that is on pages 2 & 3 of the Dec/Jan issue of WOOD. In the lower left hand corner there is a box says "Media Code WOODM0612". Nowhere in this two page ad do I see any reference pertaining to a $100 discount.

The tools shown in the ad are;
    G0442Z
    G0576
    G1023SL
    G1023SLX
    G0580
    G0555
    G0513X
    G0452
    G0586
    G0593
    G0490
    G0454
    G1035
    G1026
    G0453
    G0529
    G0459
    G1066Z
    G0440
    G0441

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney
    I'm looking at the Grizzly ad that is on pages 2 & 3 of the Dec/Jan issue of WOOD. In the lower left hand corner there is a box says "Media Code WOODM0612". Nowhere in this two page ad do I see any reference pertaining to a $100 discount.
    Dave and Rob,

Thanks for the information. When I called grizzly I asked for the details on the WOODMO612 media code and they told me it was a 100 dollar discount code. However the code is good ONLY for items listed in the ad.
    Last edited by Adam Bauer; 12-28-2006 at 11:11 AM.

Wish I had known about this yesterday. I just went to the bellingham store last night and picked up my christmas present. It's a g0576 table saw. $515.00 sure sounds better than $615.00. I think I'll call them with this code and see what they can do for me.

Travis

UPDATE::

Well nevermind. The people are Grizzly are confused and don't know what they are talking about. I called this morning before seeing the WOOD magazine ad and mentioned nothing more than the media code and was told the code gets you 100 dollars off any item listed in the ad. So at lunch I went and bought the magazine and then called to order the G0555 bandsaw. What was I told..... The code gets me 35 dollars off...... of the regular full price of 425. This brings the price of the item down to the same price I can just order it off their website for. Definately not enought to get me to buy the G0555 bandsaw now. Plus when I questioned why I was told this morning that the code got me 100 bucks off all I got were "I don't know's" from both a ordering rep. and a customer service rep. both who put me on hold to talk to their managers. Good to see the people at Grizzly have their act together! And to top it all off I wasted 6 bucks on a copy of wood magazine!

I just got off the phone with them about an hour ago. I got the same run around with customer service. They put me on hold for about 15 minutes and then I had to talk to the manager who took all my info as well as the code and the model number of the saw that I had purchased and she was going to look into it and call me back. Have not heard back yet but will let ya'll know when I do. Did not seem like any one there knew anything about it.
    Travis

Another annoyance

The ad in Wood also has reduced shipping charges, as does the Grizzly Christmas catalog which is available online (on Grizz's site). However, when you go to buy online the shipping is the standard rate. Not very well thought out. Do you have to call in the order to get the reduced shipping? I don't see anything that says how it works. Disappointing and frustrating. I might have pulled the trigger on a jointer if these savings actually showed up or if there were instructions as to how to get the savings applied.

Jake

Two interesting points:

1) I have seen this code work for $100 off of the G0513X 17 BS, and it worked for me recently when I called in my order;
    2) Looks like prices on some of the Griz merchandise will be going up in 2007. The G0513x, for instance, has an advertised price of $995, up $100 from 2006, in the Feb Pop WW.

So if you are interested in the 17 BS, get moving!