Thread: Delta 18" Bandsaw

Delta 18" Bandsaw

Does anyone here have any experience with the new Delta 18" bandsaw?
    I have not seen reviews anywhere, but it looks like an impressive machine. I am trying to decide between this one and the Grizzly G0513. I am also considering the Laguna LT16, but I think this is pushing the budget a bit.

The Delta has 12" resaw, 2 HP motor, cast iron wheels, quick tension release, roller bearings guides (not euro guides), and comes with a fence. I saw one at Redmonds, but it was not plugged in. If anyone has used one, let us know how you liked it. A review of this saw would be great. Someone out there must own one!

Can anyone offer a comparison of the three saws? Are cast iron wheels worth the $400 premium over the cost of the Griz?

Any help in the decision making process would be appreciated.

- Mike

Check the motor

I looked over the Delta at he show at he Pittsburgh Woodcraft and the motor was only listed at 8.4 amps. I talked with the rep at length and He said it must be a typo on the sticker. I would find out for sure. it looks like a really nice saw. I went and looked at the Grizley afer I buoght the Jet and really wished I had looked at the grizzly first. It also is a nice saw.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery