Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engravable USB Flash Drive

Engravable USB Flash Drive

Has anyone had success in engraving these small drives?

And if you have, do you have a source for these?

I have a customer that would like some engraved. Here is a link to a site that has some that are relatively inexpensive (as far as these go) and I can get them blank. http://www.atlaspen.com/static/produ...tem=8492D&pv=1

The problem I see is that most are plastic and might not engrave well. But, I'll wait to hear from anyone re their experiences.

Thanks

There are a number of them out there in anodized aluminum cases. Try doing a search on "jump drive", which is another name for them.

Does anyone have a source for the Wooden Cross USB Flash Drives.....oh, that are less than $30?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Hey Steve,

Yeah!!!!! I can finally help someone out with some information. I know that you can get the bamboo cross at www.flashdrivedirect.com. They also have all sorts of other nice ones in bamboo and some in woods too I believe. You can contact them for their pricelist. The guy who runs the place is really good about getting back pretty fast with information. They actually do decorating there, but will sell blank items as well. I think he had told me that it was $0.25 off of the actual decorated price. There might be other places as well but I knew as soon as I saw your image that they had them because I had looked at them for a church client of mine.

Colleen

Thanks Colleen! I sent them an e-mail asking for prices.....any idea how much they were when you checked?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Yes, thanks, Colleen! I seem to be doing whatever Steve is doing... trouble... I e'd for prices too. But I think the bamboo flashdrives could be a great item to have on hand!
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Steve and Dee,

the last pricing I got was in Nov/08. At that time (I know that the pricing can be volatile) The ranged from $6.50 (USD) for a 64MB up to $21.33 (USD) for an 8 GIG. Didn't matter the style of the casing the pricing was set just upon the memory of the stick.

Yes that was my thought exactly Dee - to have some on hand here. I just haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.
    Colleen Williams
    Epilog Mini 18 35W, Corel Draw X3, Roland EGX-20, Roland GX-24, Brother PR600C, HP Photosmart 8850, Epson 1280 for sublimation

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    I seem to be doing whatever Steve is doing...
    Copycat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Copycat.....
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    I know you are, but what am I?
    LOL.....Like I tell my kids.....I'm not playing that game!

If I hear one more peep out of either of you, I'll pull this car over right now.....
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Don't make me come back there!
    John & Alicia Love
    Pinnacle M series 40 Watt Laser
    Coreldraw X3, Photograv V2_11,
    an old handsaw and a garage full of toys.
    4 Kids (3 girls one boy), 4 grandkids, a Bloodhound, St. Bernard and a boxer.
    The dogs own the place and allow us to live with them.

I Like kids... I just can't eat a whole one
    Save the whales... Collect the whole set
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works if its open

Plastic USB engraving

JUst to let you know we did successfully manage to engrave on plastic usb sticks - you will need to play with setting as I cannot remember what settings I used (this was before I started writing everything down!!!) I do remember that we used high speed low power. We also used masking tape over the engrave area. It would be easier if you could find "metal" ones but I suppose it depends on your client needs

I have attached a pic for you to look at - I must say this was one of my first "real" jobs and I was very proud!!! Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images

flashdrive prices

Just to update this thread: I got the price quotes from FlashDriveDirect company, and the prices for the bamboo flash drives I am interested in range from $8 - $30 depending on memory (512 MB-16GB) and less for quantities over 100. They include printing or lasering a logo for you and the guy told me the price only goes down 25¢ if you want them blank. There is a setup charge you'd avoid, so that's an extra charge of $75 for any order. They come with a lanyard and gift box.

cheers, dee

Red Coin Mah Jong

Just when I thought I was going to have to give both Dee and Steve a time out, I had someone ask me if I could engrave jump drives! Is there some sort of cosmic convergence thing going on? In the stone industray I can usually tell what was featured in the latest design magazines as I start to have multiple requests for the same thing. Maybe engraved JDs were featured in some publication recently. Oh well, thanks from me as well Colleen!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra