Thread: Moderator needs help on names -- Attention new members

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Moderator needs help on names -- Attention new members

We have had an influx of new people registering here on SMC lately. A good number of which have registered with names which do not meet the requirements of the Sawmill Creek Terms of service.

A. Registration

Registration requires that each member provide (1) true, accurate, current and complete information on the SawMill Creek registration form and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data as necessary to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
    Members are required to supply real first and last names as well as an active email address. Email addresses will only be used to contact our members when the forum Administrator deems necessary. Our forum software provides members the opportunity to render their email address invisible.

I have been e-mailing and or PM'ing those who have registered with names that do not qualify them as bonified members. These folks are not elligible for Free Stuff Drawings and other SMC benefits.

Trying to keep up with improperly registered members is beginning to get to be a real chore.
    If you are not properly registered you should e-mail or PM me or one of the other SMC staff people to have your registration up-dated.

Continuing to be non responsive to requests for a proper name could result in you being removed from the membership roles as stated in the SMC Terms of Service:

If, after investigation, SawMill Creek has reasonable grounds to suspect that any Member's information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, SawMill Creek may suspend or terminate that Member's account and prohibit any and all current or future use of our forums (or any portion thereof) by that individual other than as expressly provided herein.
    Please help make this moderator job a little easier ! ! !
    (not a complaint - just a comment )
    "Your Friendy Moderator"
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 11-18-2003 at 1:57 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Ken, thanks for the time you put into the Sawmill which makes it so great as a forum. I'm sure everyone will do their utmost to help you with this problem.
    Lynn
    Lynn J. Sonier

Come on, folks - let's get with the program!

The rules are few and easy enough to follow, and the Creek is a much nicer, friendlier place because of them.

A big Thank You to you, Keith and the other mods for all you do to provide such a great site!
    Sam/Atlanta

warthog5 Guest
    Fine Take me off if you want. I have my personal reasons for NOT listing my real name.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by warthog5
    Fine Take me off if you want. I have my personal reasons for NOT listing my real name.
    Thanks for your response. I am sorry you have made that choice. Your name will be removed from the membership listing.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Thanks Ken

Ken, Thanks you and the rest of the staff for all your effort and contribution to Saw Mill Creek. This is a great forum because of the staff.
    I am sorry that we can not make everybody happy. I hope those that have signed on with other than their real names will "come around" as I am sure they can also contribute to the "Mill".
    Jerry Todd
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

Thumbs up

Ken and Aaron; a BIG BIG THANK YOU for all the work you do. This is the best forum that I'm involved with. It is strange that some people don't feel that they don't have to follow the simple rules of this forum. I for one really appreciate the work that you do.

Dave