Thread: Is there something like "Cutlist" for Mac?

Is there something like "Cutlist" for Mac?

Cutlist only runs on Windows, Is there something similar that is Mac friendly?

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

I use Cut 1.1. It's not very robust and it only runs in Classic. And you can't print from the program. I take a screen shot (command-shift-4) and then print that.

However, it's shareware. http://www.woodweb.com/Resources/RSS...onnection.html

Twelfth item down. Click on "Program" or "Manual" and the download will start right away.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Now we need a Linux one.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson
    Now we need a Linux one.
    If it is a reasonably simple program, it may run under WINE on Linux.

And for the (intel-based) Mac, if all else fails there is Parallels, which will let you run WinXP in a sub-window.
    "It's Not About You."

Mark---How easy is this to use? I'm not all that computer savvy other than getting around on the internet.

Dan

-Woody Allen-

The hardest part for me was remembering how to work in OS 9 again.

I downloaded the manual and actually printed it out. I prefer to read something that long in hard copy. Plus, I could have it next to me as I was following along with the tutorial.

The tutorial goes through the process of opening up the appropriate windows, filling them in and then placing them on the sheet. It also goes through moving certain pieces around if you feel you need to. It is very clear but it was/is hard for me to remember all of the commands for doing different things. I had the manual handy and referred to it for the first few times that I used the program. thanks to the manual and the tutorial, it's very easy to use, it just takes a little getting used to. Use the manual.

I've never used a cut list program before but it seems like it would be a little limited for someone who really does alot of cabinets or for a shop. But it does exactly what I need it to as far as maximizing the use of sheet goods.

I haven't used it for any solid material, just sheet goods. Again though, the biggest hindrance for me is not being able to print directly out of the program. But as I mentioned, I use command (Apple)-shift-4 and drag a box around each sheet and the pic goes to my desktop and then I print out of a graphic program (GraphicConverter - http://www.lemkesoft.com/ a very nice shareware program. I've purchased this one.)
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Thanks Mark.

Dan

-Woody Allen-

Had another thought... Have you see CrossOver Mac from CodeWeavers?
    This tool allows you to run certain windows applications on an Intel Mac. The company supports a set of core applications, but other Windows programs will possibly also work. (it is based on WINE - the WIndows EMulator)

They have a "try before you buy" option, so it looks like you could download it and try it out with cutlist and maybe you'll be good to go.

...art
    "It's Not About You."