Thread: Where does one buy heater elements for an overload block?

Where does one buy heater elements for an overload block?

Where can I buy these GE Heater elements for my overload block?

How do I figure out what the Part Numbers corespond to? Mine are currently C15.1B - does that mean 15 amp? New motor is 18-25 amp range single phase.

You know what is funny, the GE plant that these are made at is in my hometown. I do not think they sell to the public though. This overload block even says Bloomington, IL on it. Where is a good distributor for these heater elements.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike, look in the Yellow Pages under Electrical Supplies. Even though some may advertise as Wholesale, give them a call, they may sell retail over the counter. Good luck.

The folks at PLC Center carry all the major brands including GE. They have reference tables at hand to decode the heater numbers. They offer good service (help you figure out what you need), reasonable prices and fast shipping. http://www.plccenter.com/

If you can get your hands on a reference table for the type of GE starter these go to and know what you want, you can find heaters galore on *Bay -- but you need to know what you want.
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

Why was a post about Heater Elements for an LVC of a Delta 43-460 shaper moved to off topic?

People in power tools not interested in how to get their motors running?

Mike....I'm just member not a moderator.....I was wondering what you were talking about as I see no mention of shaper in either the title or the body of the message. I suppose that's why the moderator moved it to the "Off Topic" forum.

Good luck finding your electrical part. As somebody mentioned check with an electrical supply house. Some of our electical supply houses here will sell retail...some don't...only to the trade....wholesale only.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Mike....I'm just member not a moderator.....I was wondering what you were talking about as I see no mention of shaper in either the title or the body of the message. I suppose that's why the moderator moved it to the "Off Topic" forum.

Good luck finding your electrical part. As somebody mentioned check with an electrical supply house. Some of our electical supply houses here will sell retail...some don't...only to the trade....wholesale only.
    Sorry about that. I am sorry for not putting the previous link to my posts about 3-phase costs for a shaper in this note or even the model number on this thread.

My question was on the Heater element for a motor overload block though (not a heater in your house). Sorry I was not clear enough. It was power tool related though

Sorry Mods

Called Delta cusomer care and they got me taken care of.

Mike

One of the best places to find them is at G.E. Supply, if there is one in your area. (General Electric Supply) They are the electrical Whosale arm of G.E.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554