Thread: Really upset!

Really upset!

I had ordered a new Delta 36-422L 12-Inch Dual Bevel Compound Miter saw with Laser and found out that it had been discontinued about 3 months ago. All the reviews I read said it was a great saw. Why a company would discontinue an apparently successful piece of equipment is beyond me!

Anyway, I need to find a comparable saw from another manufacturer. I need suggestions, please.

If you don't need the dual bevel feature, Hitachi makes a great saw with a super accurate laser and digital readouts for bevel and miter... I've had one now for a couple years and have been nothing but impressed with the saw.

3. Look at the new 12" Bosch slider. Great saw.

I'm looking for the exact features the Delta had. Don't want a slider, just sold one, do need dual bevel.

Bosch 4212L

Have had it for a year. Love it. Very accurate, excellent engineering and ergonomics, great for crown molding. Chose it over the Delta because the bevel lock was easier to use and seemed much sturdier. Search for "4212" in the forums and you'll find quite a few similar accolades. my .02.

JC

Here Rick... Hitachi's Dual Bevel Miter saw with laser and digital readouts..

You can also get it without the digital readouts, but it's worth the extra.

http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...=1,11,53,p539,

The Delta 36-412 is available on ebay for $349 + 20 shipping.

AFAIK it's identical to the 36-422L except for no laser.

It does have the same vertical motor and 2x10 cut capacity.

Reviews say it's very stout and precise.

I just bought one and will get the Laserkerf for it.

DW716....got mine for $276 [recon] delivered on Amazon....got it in 29 hours after pulling the trigger. It will accept the laser DW makes.

Why a company would discontinue an apparently successful piece of equipment is beyond me!

This is what happens when Blacker and Decker buys out a great tool company

Check if the PC version is still available...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I agree with Jim - my brother just picked up the PC from Amazon and it is exactly the same saw as my Delta just with different stickers.

Bosch 5412L

Rick;

I recently purchased the Bosch 5412L Dual Bevel Slide Miter saw with Laser Tracking. I did alot of research, heard from alot of users, it was all good. This unit has met all my expectations. I have been using it with the Forrest Chopmaster blade and I can cut thru 8/4 Bubinga like butter. I wanted a saw that I could cut 45's in thick hard material with more accuracy.

"the PC from Amazon and it is exactly the same saw as my Delta just with different stickers."

I've read that multiple places but looking at the pictures in the owners manuals the PC doesn't have the vertical motor.

Rick, I have to admit that my Dewalt DW708 12" double bevel slider is awesome, I bought it used on ebay and all I had to do was align the blade with the fence and threw a 72T Freud on it and it cuts great, I do have the 10" Hitachi for onsite work but I do like this dewalt...

Thanks for all the input, guys. I finally decided on the Hitachi C12LDH. It seems to offer all of the features I wanted. I alredy have a 12" RAS so it will be a good compliment.