Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biesemeyer Alert......

Biesemeyer Alert......

For those who may have gotten one of the deals on a basic Uni from Amazon or for anyone looking to upgrade their fence............

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...etsreviews4-20

EDIT: There is a shipping note on the page that says that this item has a $199 shipping charge. I called Amazon and I was told by two different people that this shipping cost is quite probably incorrect. They will call me back tomorrow and tell me more after they look into it further.
    Last edited by Mark Rios; 01-16-2007 at 8:03 PM.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Mark - please let us know what you find out about the shipping. That shipping charge would make the fence pretty expensive.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

UPDATE, UPDATE.

I received a call back from Amazon today and was told that the shipping on the 30" is the same as on the 50"....$49
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Can anyone tell me if that fence would fit a Delta contractor saw?

I bought a Delta BC30 30" Commercial Biesemeyer Fence in December of 2005 for $299, including the extension table legs and with free shipping. I don't know what the diference is between the BC30 and BC30W, and I haven't had a need for the legs I received because I only extended my right hand extension table to the end of the (new) angle iron rails.

The saw I installed it on is an early 1980's Rockwell 10" contractors saw, which soon thereafter had the Delta name put on it. The BC30 fence is vastly superior to the original fence, and I've been pleased with it.

The new rails fit on my saw without having to drill any new holes in the rails or saw table, but I did have to notch out the rear rail to avoid interference with the motor when making a 45 degree miter cut. That was no big deal as the steel is soft and easy to cut and the notch didn't affect the strength of the rail.

So I don't have either the Delta saw or the BC30W, but I hope this is helpful.

I believe the W in the model number means that the powdercoat finish is white, instead of gray.

With a pointer from Alan DuBoff, I found a less expensive 30" Commercial Biesemeyer fence on Amazon. The price is $259.91 and shipping is $19.99 for a total of $279.90. I called Amazon and it comes with all the mounting hardware incuding an 84" mounting tube. I ordered it and had the phone rep list on the order that it came with the 84" mounting tube, just to make sure I had recourse in case all they shipped was the fence (no mounting hardware). If you decide to order, I recommend you do the same.

I realize this is just a 30" fence but I think it's a great deal if it will work for you.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mike,

I'm a bit confused (this is nothing new, though ). The 30" Biesemeyer fence comes with a 64" tube. With an 84" tube, wouldn't that make it a 50" setup? If so, I'd love to be all over that deal.

Keep us up to speed on what you receive in the mail. Inquiring minds would like to know...

Cheers,
    Jesse

They assured me it was an 84" tube. I had them put the details on the order just to document what they told me. I'll let you know what I receive. The 64" would actually work better for me. I don't have room for the 84" tube so I'm going to have to cut it.

BTW, I see that the price changed since I bought it - it's now $279.99 + $19.99 shipping. Prices change so fast it makes your head spin.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 01-19-2007 at 8:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson
    BTW, I see that the price changed since I bought it - it's now $179.99 + $19.99 shipping. Prices change so fast it makes your head spin.
    I agree on the latter, but I'm seeing a price of $279.99... If I could find the $179 price I'd be all over it!
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth
    I agree on the latter, but I'm seeing a price of $279.99... If I could find the $179 price I'd be all over it!
    Sorry - typo. I should have put $279.99. "Duh" on my part.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson
    Sorry - typo.
    Daggone!
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

on The delta website , they list the guide tube at 84" for Both the BC50 and the BC30. WTF?

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=139&p=800

Amazon lists the BC30 as 76 pounds and the BC50 at 68 pounds

To thicken the plot a little bit: The Biesemeyer site lists the BC30 with the 64" tube, and the BC50 with the 84" tube. But yet, isn't Biesemeyer a subsidiary of Delta?

Wouldn't be the first time that two entities in the same corporation weren't advertising the same data on the same product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Espe
    To thicken the plot a little bit: The Biesemeyer site lists the BC30 with the 64" tube, and the BC50 with the 84" tube. But yet, isn't Biesemeyer a subsidiary of Delta?

Wouldn't be the first time that two entities in the same corporation weren't advertising the same data on the same product.
    It is really strange. I went to the Biesemeyer site and looked at the table for Delta and it says that the BC30 has a 42 inch fence, guide tube of 64" and guide rails of 52".

I was afraid of something like this, so when I called Amazon I had the operator put what she said was in the package - specifically an 84" guide tube and the fence. I didn't specify the guide rails. So I'll see what they ship and what they do if the shipment is something other than what I was told it would be. I'll let you know after I receive it.

Mike