Thread: Warning! - Posts Removed By Admin

Warning! - Posts Removed By Admin

This morning I removed a post that had gotten out of hand. Without going into the details of the message let me say that this type of activity is inappropriate for public posting.

Dicussions and even disagreements between individuals or groups is healthy in most cases and we support and encourage this type of debate. Personal attacks and accusations are not appropriate and are distracting to our members who visit SawMill Creek to enjoy the company of other woodworkers.

I will not allow anyone to use SawMill Creek to promote a personal vendetta, air their professiaonal problems or defame any member of SawMill Creek. Those of you who were involved personally in the thread I removed have been warned...get a life, get over it or get a lawyer and take your case to a judicial court. SawMill Creek will not be used as your personal platform to promote your cause or legal problems.

My appoligies to those who were not involved in this thread for taking your time to view this message. Periodically we must remind some people that they are being disruptive and immature.

Thanks Keith...
    It was getting uncomfortable and that isn't what SMC is all about.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

what I missed something again??????
    Mike

Yea Mike I missed it to. Seams like there should be something more to chew on than:

I removed a thread because it was sounding bad.

Perhaps give us the thread subject or something. We used to appoligise when we went haywire on a forum. The thread would be quietly removed and the offending party or parties would start a thread where they made nice and everyone would forgive and forget. That was more of a comunity building exersize.

Oh well I guess I will just have to keep my ears open for the next one.

Thanks
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Evertsen
    what I missed something again??????
    Well shoot heck, guess I missed it to. Had to go finish up a cabinet job this morning.

Thanks for removing whatever it was Keith. I like a little humor in these posts, but do not agree with the bashings that goes on on some of the other forums. I don't attend those much.
    Steve

Question Guess I missed it TO !!

Thanks for making this a site to stay with.
    Last edited by Julie Wright; 11-26-2003 at 7:02 PM.

Thanks Keith ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    This morning I removed a post that had gotten out of hand... My appoligies to those who were not involved in this thread for taking your time to view this message. Periodically we must remind some people that they are being disruptive and immature.
    ... for reminding me why I like being at Sawmill Creek as opposed to a lot of other forums available. The atmosphere here is courteous, helpful and above all, fun! You, Aaron, Ken and everyone else involved are doing a great job. I certainly encourage everyone I talk to about joining the Creek.

Thanks again, sorry to hear about the loss of your dog, but have a safe holiday.
    Yours,

Ron
    Thanks, Ron

I think the two people who are in a argument should be required to speed turn a baseball bat on a lathe and hit each other in the head with it. Whoever cranks out a baseball bat first and knocks the other guy out wins.

Keith:

Agree with Glenn. It was getting ugly and personal.
    Dan McLaughlin

Thanks Keith, it was past uncomfortable.
    SHERWUD in the beautiful sierra foothills East of Fresno, CA

Hat's off to Keith!

Sometimes, moderating can be a thankless task, especially in certain situations. At this point, I don't feel it was important to know what happened, just that it did, it was unfortunate, and it was dealt with in a very professional manner, thanks to Keith. This is a wonderful community in which to share thoughts and information, and I deeply appreciate the priviledge to do so. The post was getting ugly, and it was dealt with.............IMO, end of story. In the end, I think cooler heads will prevail and we will all benefit from that. Happy Thanksgiving to all........we REALLY do have much to be thankful for........and Sawmill Creek is one of them!

I agree, I sure don't have a dog in that hunt and it was just wasting good woodworking bandwidth.

Well said Kevin, it really is nobody's business now to know what happened except Keith, and he took good care of it. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!