Thread: New posts...

Hope this is the right place to ask this... but when I get on the forum it is supposed to highlight the threads with the posts I haven't read. Well, it highlights the threads with new posts that I haven't read, but it also highlights the threads with recent posts that I have already read. It has only started doing this recenly and it is driving me nuts because I go to look at a thread and I find that I have already read all the posts. How do you fix this??? Any help appreciated! Thanks!
    Isaiah 55:6-7

It does the same here. The only way I've found around it is to 'mark all posts read' after I read through them. Then it's fresh my next visit.

Here is how the "New Posts" search works.

It takes the time of your last activity (last login), and then pulls all of the threads with posts greater than your last activity time.

The threads that are highlighted are based on the time, rather than a list of threads you have or haven't read. The settings have been this way since the beginning, so nothing has changed recently.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Also, if you use the back arrow on your browser to return to the list, the thread you just read will still be highlighted. Clicking on the link for the forum at the top of the page will return you to the forum top and also clear the "read" pointers in your browser. Note: this is a browser issue, not a forum issue...it's the way browsers work.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The thing that is happening is that when I exit my browser and then get back on there later it will show lots of the recent posts that I have already read as "unread". It didn't used to do this.
    Isaiah 55:6-7

Jonathon, if you re-enter the site after closing your browser within a certain period of time, the behavior you describe does sometimes happen...I've experienced it. I suspect it has to do with timestamps. I don't know of a solution outside of staying away for longer...and that, obviously...is unacceptable!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...