Thread: Router lift for DW625 router?

Router lift for DW625 router?

Is there a router lift that will work well with a DW625? Just been looking around and seeing that most are setup for the PC router only. I really don't want to buy another router just for a router lift. Any ideas?
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Is there a router lift that will work well with a DW625? Just been looking around and seeing that most are setup for the PC router only. I really don't want to buy another router just for a router lift. Any ideas?
    Have you taken a look at the Veritas bit jack at Lee Valley? About $75, works well, but you need an open front to your table.

- Ed

Dennis, also the Router Raizer works great and is pretty inexpensive. It isn't a "lift" in the sense of holding the router. It simply uses a lead screw to raise it, but does it all from above (or below) the table. The router still travels on it's own columns. The modification to the 625 is minor and reversible if wanted.

Next time you get this way, stop in and I'll show you mine. I've used it for a couple of years now.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock

Woodpeckers

I have a plungelift from woodpeckers that I use with my DeWalt 625. I love it!

http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html