Thread: Manual needed for Jet JBM-5 and minor gloat

Manual needed for Jet JBM-5 and minor gloat

I managed to pick up the floor model Jet JBM-5 at my local Menards. The department manager told me that they were no longer going to be displaying them in the store. For no more mortises that I do my drill press attachment has worked fine. Since I was not really looking to buy a dedicated mortiser I decided to make a low offer to the manager and see what his answer would be. The unit was missing the 2 supplied chisels and the manual so I offered $150. Much to my surprise he said OK. So I loaded up the unit and continued shopping. At the register I proceeded to place my 17% off sack over the top of the mortiser where it was clearly over 1/2 way on so that meant it qualified for the discount. I have sent in for my $25 rebate so I should wind up with about $110 total invested in my mortiser.

Aside from a few minor scratches it is in great shape. My chisels that I used on my DP attachment work just fine. All I need is a copy of the manual. I have checked the WMH site and there is no manual there. I am hoping that someone here might have one that they could scan and PM or email to me.

Craig

Strange...they have all the PM manuals at http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/OurProdu....cfm?navPage=3, but the Jet JBM-5 is missing for some reason. I have the manual somewhere, but I'm not sure where.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Strange...they have all the PM manuals at http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/OurProdu....cfm?navPage=3, but the Jet JBM-5 is missing for some reason.
    That is exactly what I thought as I looked again and again for the manual on the website. I was beginning to think I was just missing something incredibly obvious once again.

Craig

Anyone?

Please.

Craig, I'll try to find my manual. If I do and can get it scaned, I'll let you know.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have one somewhere if Jim doesn't find his

Thanks Steve. I'm in no rush if either you or Jim can find your copy I would appreciate it.

Craig

Craig - I have one I'll copy and send you if you will email me your address. Dick B. (fernhopper@comcast.net)

I just sent you an email Dick.

Craig

Thanks to Dick I now have the copy of the manual I wanted.

Craig