Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dewalt 735 - snipe problem

1. I got some snipe regularly when I first got mine and adjusted the beds forever without really removing it. Keep the cut quite small basically prevents it, but when I threw some 1/4" red oak in the other day (which was not flat at all) I got snipe again at the trail end (not at the lead end).

Short story is - I think it's a fact of line, but you should be able to live with it if you limit the depth of cut. If you're still getting some with tables properly adjusted, flat boards and a shallow cut, that suggests something's not right.

I have one of these also. I had snipe when I first got it with the extension beds attached. I had read somewhere one time to adjust the infeed and outfeed extensions a penny thickness higher than the planer bed itself. That has worked for me.

For reference, here's an earlier (1/13/2016) posting on the related topic of "Auxiliary bed for DW735"

I was never able to get the in/out feed tables on my 735 adjusted properly to eliminate snipe. I think they are too short to really provide the support needed for longer, heavier boards. In fact, I took them off a few years ago. I rely on supporting the board by hand going in and coming out. I can almost eliminate snipe that way, unless I get a bit lazy.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher