Thread: Wide Belt Sander

Wide Belt Sander

I'm in the market for a wide belt sander but am under a budget. I've browse through hundreds of webpage and stumbled upon this website and decided to ask for some help.

Does anyone know a place that sell used wide belt sander for a under $6000? Preferably 25" and above. Also be able to use in asian countries.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post.

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Jay, First welcome to the creek. You can try grizzly.

Don't know about the "use in asian countries" thing, but there has been a recent rash of 25" wide belts on ePay. A nice Timesavers 25" just sold for under $1500.
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

exfactory.com is also another possibility although you'll have to deal with shipping and you should probably inspect the item before you buy it. there's a 36" 3 phase speedsander by timesavers going for $5500 right now.

Look at the woodmaster sanders. I just bought one and love it. If you have $6K you probably could get a 50 inch. I have the 3875 model. Plus, they have great customer support.

Al Killian: I've looked at Grizzly, they do not ship internationally, addition to that, they it seems that they only sell new units. It is out of my price range.

Bill Simmeth: ePay? I've looked it up and it has nothing to do with what i'm looking for. maybe ePay=eBay??

frank shic: Thanks for the website, anymore like this?

Scott Goldby: Seems like they only sell drum sanders, I'm looking for wide belt, thanks though.

Thanks you all for you inputs, still trying to find the perfect unit

hi jay
    a couple of questions for you
    1. what do you mean asian countries ? 400 volts and 50 hertz + 3 phase ? What are the electrical parameters ?

2. I am assuming a single head?

3. Contact rollar or platen style ?

4. Width and lenght of belt

5. Conveyor laydown length ?

You will be able to fine a used machine at auction, but anything decent will need a little work.

lou

lou sansone:

1) 400 volts and 50 hertz + 3 phase, sorry if it wasn't clear, but yes. this is exactly what I needed.

2) Double Head

3) From what i've read, platen is more efficient but i'm wondering about the diffence in price. How much more would one have to pay for a wide belt with platen?

4) I'm looking to buy 2 units. If the price is right I would like to get a 37"W and a 51"W, I'm not sure about the height since each brand has their own size.

5) Same with above #4, each brand had their own size so I don't have an ideal size that I prefer.

I've looked at ebay/irsauctions, not many selections so i've somewhat given up on those.

The search continues.