Thread: Router lift on a table saw

Router lift on a table saw

Hi, I've been searching around the site looking for tips on what people have done to add a router lift onto the extension wings of a table saw. I like the concept of the bench dog cast iron thing but wanted to see what others have done. I'm thinking of the Woodpecker or Jess-Em unit and also buying another dedicated router as my only one is a PC plunger. Trying to save the trouble of going back and forth if I need to hand route.

Lift

I like the Bench Dog,I just purchase a PC 7518 and now waiting for Amazon to put them on sale.So far the cheapes I have found is 260 on up. If you should fine it cheaper please post.Carroll Courtney

When it gets a little warmer I'll finish mine up - it's almost there:

If you use the search feature you should find many more.

Good Luck!

Mike

I coincidentally am working on adding the Bench Dog system to my saw this weekend...it's a great setup. I should have the lift early this week according to Amazon shipping notices and will hopefully complete the task next weekend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Carroll, I'm thinking of the 7518 as well if I were to get another router. Woodpecker has a lift for the plunge but don't know if I want to go that route (no pun intended).

Mike, I have searched but that can be quite time consuming to go through. I guess my question to you is what top did you use, material if it is custom or brand.if purchased.

Jim, Are you adding this to your slider?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Leung
    Jim, Are you adding this to your slider?
    Indeed I am! "Poor Man's Shaper"...the saw/shaper combo was way over what I could pull off, so Bench Dog to the rescue! I am documenting this process and will post a thread once I get farther along.

I will say, however, the Bench Dog products are outstanding in quality. These are the first I've purchased and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well, before the sawstop and routerstop I had a Delta 36-752 with a 52" Unifence. I remade the extension table using two pieces of 3/4" MDF, edge banded that 1.5" MDf with 1.5"X1.5" Oak with mitered corners (biscuit joined and glued to the MDF), and then laminated the entire table top. I have a Woodpecker PRL and used their template plus an insert I made to route out the hole. When I joined the two sheets of MDF I glued and screwed them but I had laid out all table leg mounting holes and the hole for the lift so I knew where NOT to use screws. Here are some pictyres for you - old camera pics so forgive the quality of the images. When I sold the saw that table left with it (I kept the lift). I was always proud of that table. It worked excellent.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.