Thread: Need Help Finding John La Prest's Accurate Guide.

Need Help Finding John La Prest's Accurate Guide.

I'd like to purchase an Accurate Guide tool designed and sold by John La Prest's company Accurate Woodworking Tools, LLC. It was an inexpensive router attachment that facilitated making accurate dados and sliding dovetail joints, among other things. Do you know if his company still exists, or if his product can be purchased anywhere? Here are two links that talk about the product:

http://www.woodezine.com/03_2005/0305_jig.html
    http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...eguidervu.html

Thanks!

I spoke to the company a while back and was informed he had sold the patents for the Accurate Guide. Unfortunately, he wouldn't say to whom. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I got mine at Woodcraft but it looks like they're not listed there anymore. The idea isn't new though. There have been WW mag articles in the past with homemade versions and if I ain't mistaken someone here at SMC posted a thread within the last 2-3 months of a real nice shop-made one (cant recall who though). You might try searching the posts here if you strike out on the search for the Accurate version.
    Use the fence Luke

Found the one I recalled seeing here. It was Glenn Bradleys
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...d=5960&t=46406
    Use the fence Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duffy
    I spoke to the company a while back and was informed he had sold the patents for the Accurate Guide. Unfortunately, he wouldn't say to whom. So I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Thanks Doug. Great idea. I put that jig on my 2-do list.

BTW, I did a search of the Accurate Guide creator and found his name in Wisconsin. I found his email and sent an email asking him about his product. Like you said, he told me in his reply to my email that he sold the patent and said the product is not for sale. That's all he said. Maybe another manufacturer of a similar product (with the initials MicroFence, or someone similar) bought the patent to protect their market!

Jeff,

I happen to have one in my router drawer that I was thinking about selling. I bought it complete with DVD instructions and then never got around to using it.

I am now hooked on the Festool rail system so I've been using that with a Festool router.

Drop me a PM if you are interested in picking up mine.

Mine sold, but if anyone is still looking for one since they aren't marketed anymore one is posted in the classified's section on www.woodcentral.com

Not mine, just trying to help. This one seems to fit Bosch 1617evs units.

Nevermind, it's already been sold.

That may have been me, Doug. I made an "accurate guide" clone from pictures found on the internet, and it works flawlessly. It's a shame that the item is not sold anymore. Mines identical to the original, except it was going to cost over $100 to get it anodized, so I slather it with Johnsons Paste Wax to help it slide and avoid black smudges.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.