Thread: Corel 12 Text Manipulation

1. Corel 12 Text Manipulation

Could someone give me a quick run down on how to surround objects with text? ( Not text to path) I can actually do this already but my problem is when there is more than one image to put the text around. Say for example I have a 12x12 work area and have one image to the left and one to the right but want to put a long paragraph around both images so it fits the work area and is not bleeding over the images. I can do this with one image or object selected but when I try two that ate spaced a part the text only locks to the first selected image and bleeds over the other. I/m sure there is a way and I'm just not seeing it??

Thanks All
    Tom
    Explorer II 30W & Corel V12

I only have X3, and this may have changed between 12 and X3. What you do in X3 is select one of the graphics, go into the object properties and select the type of text wrap (ie: straddle text). Then select the next graphic and do the same. Then any paragraph text placed over the graphics will go around both of them. I also tried grouping the images and was able to select the group and change the setting in the object properties window and it effected both images.

If that doesn't work in 12, then I maybe that's one of the things that changed between versions.
    Dave Jones -- Epilog Mini-24, 45 watt, CorelDraw X3, Creative Suite CS2

3. Thanks Dave ,
    That worked out just great, I guess I missed the part of repeating with the other graphic before bringing in the paragraph. So the lesson here is to do them one after the other and then the text box.

Again
    Big Thanks
    Tom
    Explorer II 30W & Corel V12