Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lie-Lielsen Beader experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent
    I took the advise of another thread and bought a half-dozen used books from Amazon on Hand Tools and Hand Planes. After skimming the books that came yesterday and reading your posts, I am at about the same place I started - only more so.

1) I really look forward to making / buying / trying some of these scraper / beader / router / plowing hand-tools.

2) It sounds very rewarding to make the tools myself.

3) The bought tools are really pretty (expecially that rotary / beady / slidy thingy).

4) I really appreciate the way that you all have advanced my confusion to a higher and wiser plane.
    So, you think you're confused now, huh? Wait'll someone brings up Quirk Routers. Hey, I just did.
    Someone said the real test of a craftsman is his ability to recover from his mistakes. I'm practicing real hard for that test.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent
    I took the advise of another thread and bought a half-dozen used books from Amazon on Hand Tools and Hand Planes. After skimming the books that came yesterday and reading your posts, I am at about the same place I started - only more so.

1) I really look forward to making / buying / trying some of these scraper / beader / router / plowing hand-tools.

2) It sounds very rewarding to make the tools myself.

3) The bought tools are really pretty (expecially that rotary / beady / slidy thingy).

4) I really appreciate the way that you all have advanced my confusion to a higher and wiser plane.
    A higher plane of confusion??? Heh, heh, heh....

Just wait until someone gets the debate going (again!!!) on the relative merits of bevel down vs bevel up planes. Then we can get into standard, York, middle, etc., pitch iron bedding on infills. And don't forget cap iron vs no cap iron on wooden planes......

Ya ain't seen nuthin' yet....
    James

"Uke is always right."
    (Attributed to Ueshiba Morihei)