Thread: Hello and a question

Hello and a question

Hi,
    Thought I'd say hello since I've been lurking around here since Jim
    Becker told me about this forum back in Nov. Seems to be a friendly place with lots of good advice. I've been a woodworker now for about 10 or so years. Ever since my wife said you can build that for me. I like to use hand tools as well as power tools. I have a basement shop with most of the toys. My latest additions were the Jessem router table and a Jet edge sander. I like to do period furniture as well as contempory. My latest project is an entertainment center for my projection TV.
    Now for my question. I can't seem to get a picture in my posts ( I'd like to show you some of my work). I've gone to manage attachments, clicked on browse,added the file, and gotten the message "cannot find server, This page cannot be displayed. I'm trying to transfer a JPEG from my HP photo program. So what am I doing wrong? Thanks Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Malen
    Now for my question. I can't seem to get a picture in my posts ( I'd like to show you some of my work). I've gone to manage attachments, clicked on browse,added the file, and gotten the message "cannot find server, This page cannot be displayed. I'm trying to transfer a JPEG from my HP photo program. So what am I doing wrong?
    Dave, be sure your pictures are no larger than 100kb file size. I also recommend you physically re-size them to no wider than 500 pixels so that folks aren't forced to scroll right or left within the thread. Your photo program "should" allow you to change the JPG compression ratio to a higher setting which will drop your file size. Changing the physical size of the photo will also reduce the file size. If your software will not cooperate, consider picking up a copy of Adobe PhotoShop Elements or a similar program. It's easy to use and inexpensive at well under a hundred bucks, especially when there is a rebate on it.

BTW to other SMC folks...Dave makes amazingly excellent furniture. He's definitely someone for us all to emulate when it comes to quality, workmanship and fine finishing. His pictures should be a treat!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries

Welcome

Welcome. The most common mistake when uploading pictures is not waiting long enough after you insert the photo file for it to actually upload to the server. If your file size is less than 100K as Jim suggested, then try waiting a few minutes longer after selecting the file for it to upload. Make sure you click the "All Done" button only after the file name appears in the window.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thumbs up Welcome

Dave,
    Glad to have you with us.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution