Thread: ROUTER, Porter-Cable 690LRVS

ROUTER, Porter-Cable 690LRVS

This variable speed router looks like just the ticket for dovetails. Its listed on Amazon.com at $139.99 and free shipping. Anybody have one and is price as good as it sounds? It has 1/4" and 1/2" collets. Any comments?
    Thanks in advance

Ernie

I have no financial interest in this company
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

Pardon me for jumping in fast, but that's a great deal on a well-regarded router. It should be perfect for your intended use as well as versatile in the shop with the VS.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

One of the two best mid-sized routers on the market. There are only about a million in operation. Not a thing in the world wrong with these routers.

They have changed the switch to a rocker type that has a dust cover, but made an improvement in the base clamp. All in all, a very good router for the money. Only one that is better in this class is the Bosch 1617 / 1617EVS motors. You are talking about $40 more there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Terre Hooks
    One of the two best mid-sized routers on the market. There are only about a million in operation. Not a thing in the world wrong with these routers.
    Jim, Terre,

Thank you so much for the feedback. It's what I was thinking but I wanted some confirmation from the pros.
    Again, really appreciate your responses. Merry Christmas to me. I am ordering tonight.

Thanks again,
    Ernie
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 12-17-2003 at 2:10 AM.
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA