Thread: Board Buddie Question

Board Buddie Question

I Have Read Almost All of the posts that Mark Singer has posted about these and have one question.He suggests that you set the height of the wheels about 1/4" to 1/2"below the depth of stock.Does he mean 1/4" below the total thickness of the stock,or 1/4" below the top of stock.thanks for any advice.

My take on this was 1/4" below the TOP of the stock, so adaquate pressure is on the stock. Use your best judgement, I am using them on a contractors saw with a smaller outfeed table so more pressure on the wood works the best. Too much I think can be dangerous when pushing the stock through the wheels.
    Hope this helps..
    Chris

Scott,
    Chris is correct. Too much pressure to overcome when pushing through as the board is contact with the wheel can be annoying. At 1/2" or 1/4" lower than the top of the board should provide ample resistance to hold the board from moving back....it also keeps it against the fence. Trial and error as you practice is good...see what works best.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Chris And Mark,
    Thank You Both For The Information.common Sense Told Me It Would Be From The Top Of Stock,but It Never Hurts To Ask The People Who Have Experience With Them.thanks Mark For The Informative Post On The Board Buddies.it Convinced Me To Order A Pair Along With The New Cabinet Saw.this Will Be My First Cabinet Saw,so Safety Is At The Top Of The List.i Thank You Both Again