Hi all you old SC.org-er's,
My name is Geoff Herrington and I am new to this .org. I live in Montana, made solid oak furniture professionally for 6 years. Am currently in construction but would like to eventually have my own cab/furn shop. Towards that end I am trying to methodically build up an inventory of tools and equipment. My current search is for a Parks 95 planer. I know there are industrial grade machines out there that are more powerful, etc., but for now a 95 or comparable Craftsman will suit me fine. I will pick up the machine if it is within 1000 miles of Bozeman, MT (near the NW corner of Yellowstone Nat. Park). I would of course need to see some photos and any history of the machine. Will probably consider most any machine, but would prefer one in decent mechanical shape. Was reading a few postings about all the people in the .org who are having trouble with snipe while using newer makes and s of thickness planers, which is exactly why I'm looking for a planer made out of war metal!! Anyway...hope to hear from someone soon