Thread: Delta 18" band saw

Delta 18" band saw

Anyone have or know anything about a Delta 18" #26-682 band saw?
    Rockler has it for $999.00. They say that's about $400.00 off.
    I cant seem to find much info about it compared to other makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sheffield View Post
    Anyone have or know anything about a Delta 18" #26-682 band saw?
    Rockler has it for $999.00. They say that's about $400.00 off.
    I cant seem to find much info about it compared to other makes.
    Sorry I have not seen much about it either. That is a lot of saw for the money, but if you can't find some decent info on it I would be inclined to look at the Griz G0513X2 ~1085 shipped its only a 17" but a fairly well received saw and if you are paying tax at Rockler probably about the same price. There was a day when given the option of a Delta or Grizzly I would have said Delta every time, today unless Delta has Uni in the same phrase I would be much more inclined to take the green machine.

Hmmm.... same question I just answered on another forum. here ya go... :-]

I have this saw. it’s a POS. manual says up to 1 1/4” blade. no way. 3/4” maybe. the saw will not tention a blade over 3/4” without twisting the frame out of alignment. the guides suck. I upgraded to carter guides when the original ones started screwing up [about 3 months] and it is better but the tension issue still sucks. I have 2 1” carbide blades that I cant even use. did I mention it is a POS? cant speek to the grizzly. I would look for a good used minimax or laguna. forget the fact that the guide arm can be moved in all directions a significant amount [not a place you would want to see play] when locked down. this is another case of the manufacturer overstating the abilities of thier equipment.

Many thanks to both Van and Fred. The Grizzley #G0513X2 is the other saw I have been looking at.
    Thanks again
    Steve