Thread: Uniguard Jet Contractors Saw

Uniguard Jet Contractors Saw

Anybody ever mounted a Delta Uniguard Blade guard on a Jet Contractors Saw? Looks like it should work but hoping for "real life" experiences before I sell a used one to a friend. Thanks

Not on a Jet, but I put one on ona Powermatid 63 (pretty much identical to the Jet) with no problem. Right now, I've got one on a ShopFox cabinet saw. They're pretty much a 'universal' mounting.

You shouldn't have any problem at all with it.

The UniGuard will mount on just about any saw that doesn't have a fence that "locks" at the back and even some that do. You may have to shorten the tube if you don't have a 50" fence system. depending on how things go.

With that being said, unless you are getting a really good deal on the UniGuard, consider something like the PSI overarm guard. Two reasons...1) the mounting is more flexible and 2) it has dust collection. Aside from the safety aspects of overarm guards, catching the large amount of dust and chips that come off the top of the blade on through-cuts is a huge advantage. It's incredible how much stuff comes off that blade. Prior to buying the Excalibur guard I use now, I had a UniGuard on (purchased used for $180) my saw. The first thing I did was make a new head for it that had collection...the expense for materials and time was worth it, IMHO.

Now, I only mentioned the PSI guard because of it's low price...they are not my favorite company, but they do have the price leader on overarm guards right now. If that makes more folks buy and use them, I'll be very happy. (Don't forget you need a splitter, too, with any of these overarm guards to afford maximum protection)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...