Thread: Materials

Materials

Hi All,

As I was browsing the web, I noticed people were lasering a couple materials I am not familiar with. The 2 that caught my attention were White marble and a black tile. I have a couple of ther laserable tiles from laser bits, but this website says they use plain old black tiles... Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

Black Marble

Steve,

Im not sure about the white material but the black tile sounds like marble. Marble is a natural stone that is available everywhere in the USA but for engraving purposes you want to use a marble that does not contain any veining. A solid black marble withour veining is imported from China and available from a dealer in Georgia, I think I already sent you the link to their web site.

There is also a black granite that is supposed to engrave well but I haven't found a source yet. If you can't find a source for a white material try Corian, use a mask and paint as required.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Steve,

Im not sure about the white material but the black tile sounds like marble. Marble is a natural stone that is available everywhere in the USA but for engraving purposes you want to use a marble that does not contain any veining. A solid black marble withour veining is imported from China and available from a dealer in Georgia, I think I already sent you the link to their web site.

There is also a black granite that is supposed to engrave well but I haven't found a source yet. If you can't find a source for a white material try Corian, use a mask and paint as required.
    Keith,

I actually did get some of that Marble fom GA, that is what I did the kids photo and my freinds command isignia on.

I can get all the black Granite you (or anyone else) needs. I was over there one day picking up a case and they literally had a pallet full of this stuff. If you want me to look into this further, let me know.

Steve