Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandblasted Sign

Gene O. Carpenter Guest
    Joe,
    Thanks for the reply! I've been thinking of trying a small blasting project of some sort, I have a 5 HP 80 gal comp that came out of a large auto repair shop. It's heavy duty so can run for a long period of time and I have a new HF 60 LB pressurized sand blaster..
    HOWEVER I also have a 110 LB Rottweiler who isn't afraid of anyone or anything EXCEPT my compressor! When I turn it on he goes into a panic stage.
    We got him at a 1 year old from a painter who I suspect teased him with an air hose. When my neighbor was building his garage he used a nailer and if "Shaine" was outside he would run inside..
    If he was going out he'd stop, look over towards the garage, if Joe wasn't working he'd go on out, otherwise he'd turn around and come back in..
    I haven't been able to use it for 7 years now but that's OK, I've come to love the mutt and hope that I'm as great as he thinks I am!
    Yesterday I was squeezing between the comp and the and accidentally turned it on. It was on for no more than 5-6 seconds and my wife told me later on that he had ran into the bathroom, jumped into the shower and sat there shaking..
    She couldn't get him out so she gave him a bath. That calmed him down and he got that much needed bath. Now I know how to get him into the tub!

Gene,

That setup should work fine.

We used to use redwood before it became so expensive so now we use clear cedar. Both will hold up a lot better and give a more dramatic texture to the sign than other woods. Be sure to post your first one.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green