Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 20% off Coupon to Home Depot

Yep, won't be long until they're issuing discounts on RFID cards.

Hmmm. The way I read the fine print, those few specific locations are only for something called The Home Depot Supply.

Front of coupon says ANY HD, etc.

Large Box stores issue Coupns to bring in more Business. It is a means of getting you into the store. Their mark up and profit margins are WAY above 20%. Joe has already used this one multiple times at 2 different stores with apparently no crimminal intent. The fact that Lowes will accept it show they just want you there, regardless of your coupon. Now if the coupon is "fake", with numbers or dates changed,well that is a different matter, But to insinuate that using a copy of a coupon is illegal or dishonest is ridiculous. Lighten up and go buy a new tool. You'll be happy and I promise that HD or Lowes will be happy with your business as well.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Drager
    Large Box stores issue Coupns to bring in more Business. It is a means of getting you into the store. Their mark up and profit margins are WAY above 20%. Joe has already used this one multiple times at 2 different stores with apparently no crimminal intent. The fact that Lowes will accept it show they just want you there, regardless of your coupon. Now if the coupon is "fake", with numbers or dates changed,well that is a different matter, But to insinuate that using a copy of a coupon is illegal or dishonest is ridiculous. Lighten up and go buy a new tool. You'll be happy and I promise that HD or Lowes will be happy with your business as well.
    I agree with Dan. More often than not, I'll ask for a discount on any expensive item I buy, and more often than not I'll get a price break for asking. The stores decide whether or not to honor a coupon or any discount....there's nothing immoral about asking if they'll honor it. It'd be different if I lied or deceived someone to get a price break, but simply asking if they'll honor a coupon puts the decision on their shoulders.

Bless me Father for I have not sinned....I asked if I could save $40 on a grill today! The sin would be if I burned the $40 of steaks I bought with the savings!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

5. Scott, I am not saying you are a coupon sinner (non religious form of the word, just so the mods are happy). But, Scott, if you go in and tell them that you downloaded and printed this coupon from the internet, from a woodworking forum, that someone passed along from a discount site, then I have my doubts that the clerk, or the manager for that matter, will honor the coupon. Now if you do come clean on everything, and they honor it, without modifying the rules and restrictions on the coupon, then I will be very surprised. I have to go now...I need to get to Home Depot with that coupon (not really). With respect and humor, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer
    I agree with Dan. More often than not, I'll ask for a discount on any expensive item I buy, and more often than not I'll get a price break for asking. The stores decide whether or not to honor a coupon or any discount....there's nothing immoral about asking if they'll honor it. It'd be different if I lied or deceived someone to get a price break, but simply asking if they'll honor a coupon puts the decision on their shoulders.

Bless me Father for I have not sinned....I asked if I could save $40 on a grill today! The sin would be if I burned the $40 of steaks I bought with the savings!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Anderson
    if you go in and tell them that you downloaded and printed this coupon from the internet, from a woodworking forum, that someone passed along from a discount site, then I have my doubts that the clerk, or the manager for that matter, will honor the coupon.
    Anthony,

FYI... this is exactly what I did. I told the store manager I downloaded this coupon and asked if they would honor it.... which they gladly did!

I really don't understand a lot of the comments on this post

The retailer has the choice to honor OR not honor the coupon. It's just
    normal business.

-jj

It's like my conversation with a young nephew who was upset with the "discount" given to those of us who are over 55. I tried, and think failed, to make him understand that it's ALL about getting people to buy. If they take the coupon...and you save some money...that's what it's all about.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Glenn, when did you turn 55?

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

I used an original 20% off coupon recently at Home Depot when I bought a Dewalt DW3750 Pressure Washer. $999 and it saved me over $200 with accessories. They didn't hassle me one bit and I even checked out at the Pro Desk. A manager must approve any coupon that is 20% or higher at HD, so I had to wait like 15 minutes for a manager to show up.

10. Please don't take any offense JJ. None intended. I read the restrictions on the coupon and it didn't seem like the coupon could be reprinted or copied (from internet or hard copy). BTW, I said I would be surprised, and I am...surprised. Good Luck, and I hope you save a lot of money. Regards, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by joseph j shields
    Anthony,

FYI... this is exactly what I did. I told the store manager I downloaded this coupon and asked if they would honor it.... which they gladly did!

I really don't understand a lot of the comments on this post

The retailer has the choice to honor OR not honor the coupon. It's just
    normal business.

-jj

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Drager
    ...But to insinuate that using a copy of a coupon is illegal or dishonest is ridiculous. Lighten up and go buy a new tool. You'll be happy and I promise that HD or Lowes will be happy with your business as well.
    Dan, in all due respect, perhaps you need to lighten up yourself. I'm the one that pointed out that the cupon can't be copied or transferred. That's exactly what the cupon says. I was not saying that he, or anyone else did anything illegal. All I was trying to do is point out that the cupon might not be good if copied off the forum. After he posted the website with the cupon to print out I thanked him for sending us to the site with the "original" cupon. Nothing else.

If the LOML agrees, I'll go by HomeDepot next week when I get back from being out of town and I'll see if I can buy my sander with it. Since I'm buying a SawStop next week , she may not be in the mood for me to also buy the sander.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I took a copy of the coupon to the appliance manager and asked him if they would honor the coupon. He asked where I got it and I told him I had downloaded it from the internet. He said "sure we'll take it". I bought a new dishwasher and saved $240 plus I got free delivery (rebate) and a $75 dollar gift card on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert Vega
    I took a copy of the coupon to the appliance manager and asked him if they would honor the coupon. He asked where I got it and I told him I had downloaded it from the internet. He said "sure we'll take it". I bought a new dishwasher and saved $240 plus I got free delivery (rebate) and a $75 dollar gift card on top of that.
    Gilbert,

Awesome

-jj

I have tried several times to load the link that was provided for the coupon and it will not come up. Can someone please help. Is this the correct link???
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko
    I have tried several times to load the link that was provided for the coupon and it will not come up. Can someone please help. Is this the correct link???
    John,

The link is to a pdf file. You need to have Adobe Acrobat reader.

If you don't have Acrobat, go to this link and download it... it's free

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

-jj