Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 20% off Coupon to Home Depot

I just used the coupon today to buy a Rigid VS Laminate Trimmer. Cashier asked me where I got the coupon because it is missing the barcode or numbers. I just said off the internet and played stupid. She called the managers office, apparently they said it was ok. Saved me $20, so thanks for the coupon. I guess this qualifies as a gloat too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock
    It says, "Void if sold, transfered or copied..."

You copied it and transfered it via the Internet. Somehow I don't think a store will accept it this way, but thanks for trying.

I printed it last night and used today at my local HD in MI

I think as long as you're honest and don't lie about where it came from then there's no harm if they decide to accept it. I get email coupons from Circuit City all the time, they but are printable but have a code and can only be used once. I've never tried using a coupon like this, but I will try when I buy my table saw and I will tell them exactly where it came from. If they take it, I will still sleep well and feel good about myself.

I have acrobat reader installed and I open PDF files all the time but this one says an error occurred when loading so there has to be something in that file. From the place that it was printed what coupon is it. There are about 6 Home Depot coupons on that site??
    John T.

John, it could be your Acrobat version. I've seen some of the older versions throw errors when opening newer files.

My acrobat will load that coupon attached to the link on two different computers. I just tried it again. I think you may have a problem with your acrobat installation.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Myers
    I just used the coupon today to buy a Rigid VS Laminate Trimmer. Cashier asked me where I got the coupon because it is missing the barcode or numbers. I just said off the internet and played stupid. She called the managers office, apparently they said it was ok. Saved me $20, so thanks for the coupon. I guess this qualifies as a gloat too.
    Ryan, it's not a "gloat" without pictures.

I'm sorry if I caused any problems by asking if the cupon was OK since it was copied from the Internet. I just didn't want anyone to be surprised at the check stand. It's great to hear that some have used it. Posts like this really save many of us money. I've been able to save a bundle form cupons, free shipping codes and super Amazon deals that have been posted here and have posted some myself. Thanks to all who post them.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock
    If the LOML agrees, I'll go by HomeDepot next week when I get back from being out of town and I'll see if I can buy my sander with it. Since I'm buying a SawStop next week , she may not be in the mood for me to also buy the sander.
    So according to my rules, safety equipment is not deducted from the tool budget--as it is needed to run a safe shop. Now I would say that a sawstop is safety equipment--not a tool. So transfer the cost of sawstop back into tool budget and you have more than enough to buy sander.
    Marion

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    I don't know if I should feel bad, but I used it to buy a delta T-2 fence today at Lowes. The sale price was $127.50. The manager accepted the coupon, that took it down to 102.00 then with tax it came to $108.63 out the door. I am happy really happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Miller
    ...The manager accepted the coupon....
    If you like the fence and liked the deal, you should definitely be happy!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Tried using that coupon today at a Home Depot and was turned down. They said that the coupon was last years employees coupon and that it was fradulently spread around the net. They have a notice in each Home Depot from headquarters regarding it. Lowes happened to be honoring it as you can see from others because evidently they are not aware of this notice. Is it right or wrong you make the call. I guess if you ask and they say yes then the onus is on them. Good luck. There are also rebate offers that are going around too from what I understand.
    John T.

HD or Lowe's will usually honor one anothers sale on similiar products. I recently purchased 900 sq ft of carpet at HD because they would match Lowe's 30% off special order carpet. The carpet was simliar to that of Lowe's but actually better. They even through in the pad for free. Then I convinced them to allow me 12 mos 0% even though they were not having that promotion either. All I had to do was ask and believe me when I say I am not the persuasive type.

If your after a tool(s), Lowe's is currently having a 15% off sale in the tool section. So use it to your advantage at HD and forget the coupon.

Thumbs down same ole same ole

Not much has changed at Orange borg. Each store appears to be an independent business where policy is determined each manager. I down loaded this coupon and the 2 for 1 plants. Both from HD 'club' site !!! The store manager would not accept either!!! Nasty as usual, stating as he had in the past, policy at the store was at his descretion. This is the third time he would not honor coupons. Twice before he stated the local ad was run by national and he did not have items nor would issue rain checks or similar items at the discount.

The CEO's recent statement made good press but little else. I understand the blue borg is to open 3 more stores in the area and 84 Lumber has doubled their staff in 3 yrs. where HD is considering closing one due 'limited traffic'.

Kinda says I'd ask before I dragged anything up to check out, they take it, your good to go, if not, nothing lost.

Enjoy the sander Don, I like mine and its been a good little sander for the price.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

If I were you I'd send this info to the special email address that HD set up for feedback. When I sent them an email they called me the next day and talked to me about my comments. At the end of the conversation they offered to send me a $10 gift card for my trouble and a few days later I got it. I'd bet that the manager at that HD won't stick around long if you complain. I really do believe that the HD CEO is sincere but I also believe that he might be biting off more than he can chew. I have noticed a change in the level of CS at my local HD. I've been going there every few days for the past couple of weeks for a job I've been doing and they have been more helpful in the past.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by thomas prevost
    Not much has changed at Orange borg. Each store appears to be an independent business where policy is determined each manager. I down loaded this coupon and the 2 for 1 plants. Both from HD 'club' site !!! The store manager would not accept either!!! Nasty as usual, stating as he had in the past, policy at the store was at his descretion. This is the third time he would not honor coupons. Twice before he stated the local ad was run by national and he did not have items nor would issue rain checks or similar items at the discount.

The CEO's recent statement made good press but little else. I understand the blue borg is to open 3 more stores in the area and 84 Lumber has doubled their staff in 3 yrs. where HD is considering closing one due 'limited traffic'.