Thread: "Weekend Doin's" - Easter Edition

Thumbs up "Weekend Doin's" - Easter Edition

"Good" Friday April 6th, 2007

What a week it's been here. The "Frozen Tundra" lived up to it's name this week. After some strong T-storms last weekend, it has been rather cold since. 19 degrees Wednesday morning. Wind blowing hard enough to carry off small children and snow going sideways. At least we finally got to see some sun yesterday.

Having the kids and the grandkids over for Easter on Sunday, so my weekend will be preparing for the fun and games that ensue on these ocassions.

So what's up with you this weekend? Let's hear about what you hope to accomplish. Then we'll check back Monday, in Dennis' thread, and see how you did.

Have a good weekend and make it a safe one.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Well, I suspect it's going to be a "no finishing" weekend again given the tempurature drop back to February levels...but I'll hopefully get a little shop time. I may do some outdoor work, too...if the sun is out. I do have swimming and karate duty with the girls this week on Saturday and we'll probably do some form of candy and egg hunt on Sunday. Kids are also home today and it's going to be interesting getting "real work" done. (They are on break M-W next week, too, but those days we have child-care at the school available...not so, today)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Weekends Doings

Winter is back here in the Mid West this weekend... but at least I have a new rough pile of sticks to play with. Picked up 100 BF of red elm for a handsome $2 a BF. The guy I snatched it from has get this... about 3,000 BF of red oak, 1,000 bf of ash and a few hundred BF of Hickory. He moved to KC from Wisconsin and cut it all off his property, said "when I moved I brought a lifetime supply, why not it was all but free". Except he's moving again and is sick of lugging sticks! I offered to take some of the ash & hickory off his hands too, but the ash is all his & the hickory was already spoken for.
    Few hours at the planer-jointer and TS tomorrow outta end with some decent stock... As per usual with me, I have no plans for it yet. I have to look at it, and move it 2-3 times before I either get sick of looking at it or have an epipahny on what to do with it.
    Pics for the police...... taken with a cell camera so they aren't the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't post til I found out if my buddy Al is gonna do some cleaning this weekend...

Hope to finish painting the shop! Need to do 2 coats on the ceiling, and one more coat on the walls. Will probably have to go buy some more paint to do all of that, we'll see. HAPPY EASTER!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

""""""""
    I can't post til I found out if my buddy Al is gonna do some cleaning this weekend...
    """""""""

First thing I'll be doing is removing the coffee from my keyboard...

But your gonna be a lone on cleaning in the shop this weekend Ted, while in the mist of the family discussion on who was gonna have Easter this weekend, I foolishly mentioned I'd help....so Sat I'll be helping Beasty clean house and Sunday I get to play cook.
    So I guess I'll still be cleaning...just not the garage..

But I'll be thinking of ya.....
    Happy Easter to all and have a safe and clean weekend....

Al....who's beginning to think them tickets got lost in the mail...
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Deliverin' a Rocking Horse

Off to points north to deliver a Rocking Horse that I just finished to my nephew.

Our path (up the coast of Oregon) should take us through some towns with galleries fed by some really good woodworkers, so we're hoping to take our time and see some artistic endeavors along the way.

Howdy Karl,

I'm heavily involved in the brick stack of this oval kitchen table, so I'm busy with that. Lot's of music practice for Easter Sunday at church so that will be a long and hectic day for me and the family.

Cooler temps here in Conway as of yesterday which requires firing up the woodstove once again.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Blackberry Winter

It's going to be in the 20s for the next two nights in Ga., we call it "blackberry winter" don't ask me why I don't know. We have the family and the extened family coming Sunday, so I guess we'll be sprucing up the house tomorrow.

Ron Brese

Blog Entries
    Thought I would have a clean weekend till the LOML's SIL announced a party on Sunday. Guess I'll have to be WWing on Saturday and social on Sunday. ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It was 7i4 F here earlier today. The grass needs mowing. Bought the parts to perform a little PM on the lawn mower tomorrow. Then cut the grass, and fertilize. Maybe, start on my new turning project tomorrow afternoon.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Smile same as always

Well, -- before I retired weekends were for yard work and general house repairs. No different now. This weekend I will rototill the between the raspberry rows and in the orchard, repair a gate on a horse corral and tile a counter in a bathroom. However, it is the weekdays that are now different!!! I get to play in the shop all week.

Weekend Doings.......

Winter has blanket us here in northern Pennsylvania as well. I and Jerry Houwer got to meet with another Creeker. Mike Putnam and his dad made a trip from New York down to see us to pick up some of that Black Cherry lumber I been selling for Jerry.
    My two children are up in Corning NY with family, so that leaves me here by myself with a bit of quitness. And after a week I had here, it was a much needed rest.
    I got a pile of the spalt maple and black locust that wants to become bowl blanks to clean up before we start hauling in the next couple of truck loads in this week.
    We hoping to have some more of that nice flame box elder and some more burl towards the end of next week.
    It was good meeting you this weekend Mike, hope all works out well for you and looking foward to the next visit. Bob is suppose to stop by the first of next week, so he should have a few more new turnings to work on as well.
    I am usually around, want to drop by let us know. Always good meeting people from the Creek.
    You all have a good weekend, a happy easter too and most of all keep it safe in the shop.

Bill
    "Better to turn it than burn it." Please use reclaimed or salvaged material.
    Penn's Woods