Thread: Woodline Raised Panel Bit Set

Woodline Raised Panel Bit Set

Has anyone used Woodlines raised panel router bit set? I just started to make doors for my kitchen and the cope cut is not deep enough. The wood is hitting the bearing and It won't go any deeper. I just sent them an email.

Gene

I got no response, but I found a few threads on Woodline. I am going with Amana for bits. I have wasted too much time which my hardest resource to come by. They are worth the extra money to me.

Gene

I stick with Whiteside mainly. Never an issue.

I have bought a few woodlines over the years, but usually just a chamfer bit, roundover, or something like that.

I purchased a drawer joint bit from them last year. That thing vibrated terrible. Too big of a bit to be doing that

They replaced it with no problem, but I've never tried the replacement.
    They do have good customer service.

Gene: Steve Clardy has a lot more experience than I do, so his post is probably more reliable. I have used CMT bits and they worked great. Just this week I received a complete bit set (18) from Sommerfeld Tools and will report on these after I have a little experience.
    Mike
    Mike Hill

Form Follows Function

Thanks Steve, I believe you are 100% right on what to do. I used my Amana bits tonight and they were right on. I would have tried whiteside, but Woodcraft is too far for me. Rockler is right around the corner from me. Thanks again.

Gene

A few years ago I bought a Woodline glass panel rail and stile bit set. The profiles didn't match up. Shortly after that I got hurt in a motorcycle accident and couldn't work for a long time. Even though it had been a long time I called them and they gladly sent me another bit set with no questions asked. I thought that was great customer service. But the second set was only slightly better than the first. It still didn't match. Even though they would probably send me another set I haven't bothered to call them because I just don't see the point. Two sets in a row are useless. Why should a third or fourth set be any different? Too bad because they really are nice people. It's just some of their products that are lacking. Maybe their other bits with profiles that aren't as critical would be better.

Bruce

I agree Bruce with your accessment. I just don't have the time to waste.

Gene