Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Creeker gathering

Thumbs up This is coming together!

.....Just sitting "in the wings" here, keeping track. Let's see if I've got this straight:
    Tyler is buying us all 1st-class tickets to Vegas. Check.

Karl is in charge of ground transportation and has arranged for a fleet of Hummer limo's. Check.

Al is taking care of "Security" and will be bringing along appropriate munitions for protection, as well as enough ammo for a little "fun" time. Check.

Phyllis is reconfiguring her laser to bring along and be the highlight at one of the grand shows on the Strip. Check.

Joe and his bride will be taking over the kitchen at the Imperial Palace and show those clowns how a real meal should taste and be prepared. Check.

And finally, even though Ken can't make it, he's appointed me as Sargent At Arms for the group and will be sending me a specially prepared "Bonker" he's working on, to be sure everyone stays in line! Check.

Almost forgot: David W. is in charge of appropriating water craft for some fun in the closest lake. Check.
    Seriously, this is starting to look real great! Joe, your offer as the "halfway point" and host is most fantastic!!! Phyllis, as it's already been pointed out, you are indeed most certainly welcome!!! This is gearing up to be an SMC event and that includes you laser and CNC folks, as well. Heck, they're even letting a couple Turners show up!

From the suggested dates, thus far, it's looking like the 27th of April or May 11th weekends are prime. However, it should be noted that, the weekend of the 11th is also Mother's Day Sunday. With that said, I'm leaning toward the 27th weekend.

Also, we need to get a list of "pot luck" items together to take along. I'll speak for Jill here and say that she's most likely to take care of the "Sweets" dept. (desert). I'll bring along some beer and soda.

This is starting to come together, folks! Oh, and would somebody please go rattle Dave Richard's cage??? He's up in that area, too.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

OK, the weekend of the 27th of April or May 11th works for me, also we doing this on a Saturday or Sunday?

Dave..YUUUUUUUUUUUUU HUUUUUUUUUUU where are you????

btw Shebeast has said she'll fire up the caldron and throw somebody....er...something in for us......well...she hasn't exactly said that, but when I mention I'll be cooking something on her new appliances, she'll kick me out and do it....I hope.
    Other wise its peanut butter on crackers from me.

Depending on whether Tyler goes and if he rides with us, I may have room for one or two in case someone needs a lift.

Al.....who thinks being in charge of firearms and getting on a plane ought to be interesting...
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    [quote=John Miliunas;566861].....Just sitting "in the wings" here, keeping track. Let's see if I've got this straight:

What's in that spring air. Have you been smokin or just snortin that spin crack??
    Sat would be a good day in my thinking. I'm good for some BBQ wild rice meat balls.
    I'll Car pool with you Al. I want another look at that ride of Beastie's
    It was rated real high at the car show.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Al woke me up. What's all this about a gathering?

I'd love to join you all. I've never eaten lasered lasagna in boat in Las Vegas before. Sounds like a treat.

Unfortunately, the 27th is the weekend we're celebrating Ian's 3rd birthday and we have folks coming from out of town--Wisconsin mostly--for that. I imagine I would be sleeping in the bushes if I skipped out on that.

I'll be there in spirit though.

Always fun to try and get everybody together at the same time.
    Dave's no-show for the 27th, anybody have trouble with the week end of the 11th of May?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits View Post
    Always fun to try and get everybody together at the same time.
    Dave's no-show for the 27th, anybody have trouble with the week end of the 11th of May?

Al
    I'm OK with the 11th, as long as it's the Saturday. (Mother's Day and all that... )
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

I told my husband that we were going to one of the greatest shin-digs this side of Lambeau Field...I mentioned that there would be: Guns, Gourmet Food, Beer, and of course that all the guys would be wearing wooden thongs...(I do need some measurements on those by the way so I can start lasering those designs.) And then I told him that we were being flown to Vegas! He said, "who are these people"?...I said..."I don't know, just some people from the interenet"...!

Any of those dates would work for us, and we will bring main dishes, salads, desserts, beverages...I love to cook! My husband is gathering up his rifles, guns, potato gun, table & band saw, routers...he said he wants to be prepared because we have never been to a party like this. Family gatherings are always a hoot, but this sounds like much more fun!

Ron & Phyllis Meyer

Forgot it was Mothers Day...well lets see if it works anyway, Saturday is what we'll go for....or you could bring ma long...hehe

Something about wooden thongs and slivers that just doesn't sound right.....O-well..someone bring a tweezers will they?

They make thongs in a "manly" size btw?
    No...not "that" size...think waistline....

Al

Although I'm far, far away and can't participate in this gathering , I have to read along and laugh . This sort of reminds me of that episode of M*A*S*H where the gang tried to get their loved ones back in the US together for a party...all the jockeying about available dates takes me back.

LOML and I would LOVE to be able to attend and participate - however, it's a little far from NM for a day trip . We will be there in spirit. We are having a "sort-of" Creeker gathering on the 13th at our house - a couple of members here, some from a couple of other forums, for a pot-luck picnic . Carol Reed (The Router Lady) will be in town and staying with us, so we are looking forward to it. We don't mind having the picnic on Mother's Day - I think all of our mothers are either deceased or live away from NM, so all us females will just let the males wait on us that day. Right, Carol, Betty, Rita? We're just gonna sit back and watch the food burn on the grill while the guys talk shop.

Have a great time. PICTURES!!! Or it didn't happen. Remember that!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Nancy,

I was thinking the same thing about the MASH episode. I'm sure there will be pictures...or, we might have to sign something that reads, "What Happens In Wisconsin...Stays In Wisconsin"! Your gathering sounds great also!

Phyllis

It's about 7 hours from my house, and I don't think I could pull it off.

I'm still thinking about it though. Anybody else thinking of coming from East Central Illinois?
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Hey Everyone,

If this will help, we live in Antigo (look at a Wisconsin map, Wausau is east of Eau Claire, and we are 35 miles northeast of there). We have 2 bedrooms upstairs, a full family room that can fit air mattresses, cots...plus...my husband and hunting crew built a "hunting shack" on a trailer equipped with 4 beds, cooking facilities, bathroom, and I'm sure a bottle or two of their uncle's best moonshine. If anyone would like to stay at our place after the festivities, no problem (or are we supposed to bring our sleeping bags for the gathering)? Seriously, our home is open if anyone needs a place to stay!

Oh, gosh...my husband will come home from work today and say "now people with guns, wearing lasered wooden thongs are staying at our house"? He's going to disconnect the internet for sure!

Phyllis

Saturday April 28 Is the best day for me.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer View Post
    Hey Everyone,

If this will help, we live in Antigo (look at a Wisconsin map, Wausau is east of Eau Claire, and we are 35 miles northeast of there). We have 2 bedrooms upstairs, a full family room that can fit air mattresses, cots...plus...my husband and hunting crew built a "hunting shack" on a trailer equipped with 4 beds, cooking facilities, bathroom, and I'm sure a bottle or two of their uncle's best moonshine. If anyone would like to stay at our place after the festivities, no problem (or are we supposed to bring our sleeping bags for the gathering)? Seriously, our home is open if anyone needs a place to stay!

Oh, gosh...my husband will come home from work today and say "now people with guns, wearing lasered wooden thongs are staying at our house"? He's going to disconnect the internet for sure!

Phyllis
    Hmmmm...That hunting shack sounds interesting!!! (...or is it the moonshine that caught my eye??? )
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Exclamation Is it the 28th then???

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Breid View Post
    Saturday April 28 Is the best day for me.

Joe
    OK, people...Sounds like the "host with the most" has spoken! I hate like heck to do this to my buddy Dave R., as I know he'd love to be there but, it looks like the 28th would work best for most others.

What say 'ye????
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas