Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Creeker gathering

If its the 28th, would you permit an Arizona refugee to slip over the Iowa state line in case she has her preparations for finals in hand?
    Carol in NV

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Reed View Post
    If its the 28th, would you permit an Arizona refugee to slip over the Iowa state line in case she has her preparations for finals in hand?
    Carol, we'd be honored!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

OK, the 28th is appears to be, what about time, directions, and who all can make it?

Also a list of stuff we could bring maybe?
    I'll take care of the Lutefisk, I'm sure you'll all enjoy my BBQ version, it has a taste you can't describe....

Al....can't get rid of either, come to think of it.....
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    ......I don't like Orange Soda....
    But Ken - Moxie comes in an orange can and we all know the extremes you go to to score the stuff.
    Only the Blue Roads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits View Post
    OK, the 28th is appears to be, what about time, directions, and who all can make it?

Also a list of stuff we could bring maybe?
    I'll take care of the Lutefisk, I'm sure you'll all enjoy my BBQ version, it has a taste you can't describe....

Al....can't get rid of either, come to think of it.....
    I'm "IN"! The LOML has already agreed to fix up a desert or two.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

OK, here are my thoughts:

Time-- I am open to making a full day of this gathering (10:00am to ?) For a more defined time how about 2:00pm to 8:00pm?

I have 2 lathes if someone is interested in playing or showing what they can do. (PM 3520 and Jet mini) Bring your own wood or use some of mine.

LOML and I will furnish the meat, beverages and also the Baked Beans since I know someone who makes nothing but the "Best".

For directions please send me a PM or email me at jbreid@charter.net and I will send them to you. Also let me know how many are coming.

I will be traveling all of this week and will have limited access to a computer so I may be slow to resond.

Hopefully this gives a framework for everyone to plan to.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joe

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Breid View Post
    OK, here are my thoughts:

Time-- I am open to making a full day of this gathering (10:00am to ?) For a more defined time how about 2:00pm to 8:00pm?

I have 2 lathes if someone is interested in playing or showing what they can do. (PM 3520 and Jet mini) Bring your own wood or use some of mine.

LOML and I will furnish the meat, beverages and also the Baked Beans since I know someone who makes nothing but the "Best".

For directions please send me a PM or email me at jbreid@charter.net and I will send them to you. Also let me know how many are coming.

I will be traveling all of this week and will have limited access to a computer so I may be slow to resond.

Hopefully this gives a framework for everyone to plan to.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Joe
    Sounds awesome, Joe! Man, I for one, greatly appreciate you stepping up to the plate on this one! I'll be sending along an email to you shortly. Thanks again, my friend! This is looking up to be a grand time! (Let's all start praying for nice weather, too!!!)
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Might as well tar and feather me, I screwed up, seems wife has to work that day and its her birthday, can only blame age and crs desease.
    Major screw up on my part, sorry.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer View Post
    "What Happens In Wisconsin...Stays In Wisconsin"! ....

Phyllis
    Huh??

A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas View Post
    .....Just sitting "in the wings" here, keeping track. Let's see if I've got this straight:
    Tyler is buying us all 1st-class tickets to Vegas. Check.

Karl is in charge of ground transportation and has arranged for a fleet of Hummer limo's. Check.

Al is taking care of "Security" and will be bringing along appropriate munitions for protection, as well as enough ammo for a little "fun" time. Check.

Phyllis is reconfiguring her laser to bring along and be the highlight at one of the grand shows on the Strip. Check.

Joe and his bride will be taking over the kitchen at the Imperial Palace and show those clowns how a real meal should taste and be prepared. Check.

And finally, even though Ken can't make it, he's appointed me as Sargent At Arms for the group and will be sending me a specially prepared "Bonker" he's working on, to be sure everyone stays in line! Check.

Almost forgot: David W. is in charge of appropriating water craft for some fun in the closest lake. Check.
    Seriously, this is starting to look real great! Joe, your offer as the "halfway point" and host is most fantastic!!! Phyllis, as it's already been pointed out, you are indeed most certainly welcome!!! This is gearing up to be an SMC event and that includes you laser and CNC folks, as well. Heck, they're even letting a couple Turners show up!

From the suggested dates, thus far, it's looking like the 27th of April or May 11th weekends are prime. However, it should be noted that, the weekend of the 11th is also Mother's Day Sunday. With that said, I'm leaning toward the 27th weekend.

Also, we need to get a list of "pot luck" items together to take along. I'll speak for Jill here and say that she's most likely to take care of the "Sweets" dept. (desert). I'll bring along some beer and soda.

This is starting to come together, folks! Oh, and would somebody please go rattle Dave Richard's cage??? He's up in that area, too.
    And who is bringing the keg?

Nothing funner than a group of drunk woodworkers with heavy weaponry!
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

OK! So let me get this straight. The 28th of April. At Joe's place in Eau Claire. Let's see that's about 2 hours away. This is really looking like a fun gathering.

We'll have people from Minny-no-place, Antigo, Just Outside of Spring Green, The Dells and ARIZONA? Am I missing anybody? Speak up if I missed anyone.

How about Maine? Joe said he'd let you try out his mustard magic Andy. But you'll have to leave the Moxie home. Some kind of law against that stuff here in Wisconsin. Something about the cows and the strange flavor it gives to the cheese.

Although we'll be in the land of Lienenkugel's, I'm sure we could find a few OS's for you Ken. Maybe even enough to take a few home.

I must remember to bring my optimum shop tool from the gathering in La Crosse last year. For those of you that missed that meeting I'm sure Tyler could be persuaded to demonstrate the multitude of uses again. This is not to be missed. It alone is worth the price of admission.

OK!!! We'll now return you to your normally scheduled programming.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Might as well tar and feather me, I screwed up, seems wife has to work that day and its her birthday, can only blame age and crs desease.
    Major screw up on my part, sorry.

Al
    So Al are you in or do I have to find my own ride
    I'm in, BBQ meat balls and beverage. The kind you can drive with.

Any Miniapple folks wanna car pool??
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell View Post
    So Al are you in or do I have to find my own ride

Any Miniapple folks wanna car pool??
    I'm tryin' to talk him into getting the LOHL to take the day off and come to WI to celebrate her birthday in style!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Wife has to only work half day, so it looks like a go after all...whew!

We'll leave here about 12:30 and be there about 2:00.
    Tyler, we have to leave from there about 6:00 or so because of the dog, if that's ok, your still on to ride with us if ya want.
    Let us know.

Al

"Whew" is right! Dang it, man. Work, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, funerals...All that stuff needs to be put in its proper order of priority. SMC gatherings #1. Schedule the rest of the stuff around them! Glad you'll be able to come!

Wife has to only work half day, so it looks like a go after all...whew!

We'll leave here about 12:30 and be there about 2:00.
    Tyler, we have to leave from there about 6:00 or so because of the dog, if that's ok, your still on to ride with us if ya want.
    Let us know.

Al
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas