Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

Tony,

We have to pay shipping twice, once from MicroJig to us and then to our member. Since the DVD's are a low priced item there wasn't enough discount to cover shipping charges, handling and credit card transaction fees. Part of our deal with MicroJig is that we will ship to each individual because the fees become a big portion of the transaction.

If MicroJig drop shipped DVD's directly to our members they would probably lose money, but they are a source of advertisement for their products. The DVD's are also shipped from a different location than the Jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Sade
    I already have two of the grippers, so I was thinking of ordering the DVD. If you order for the reduced price via Keith's link, $4.00 is added to the 7.95 price. If you just go to Microjig's site via the regular route, the cost is $9.95 with no shipping. Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Tony

Anyone use the GRR-Ripper with an overarm blade guard? Seems like the design might make use of an overarm guard difficult and/or cumbersome. Dave.

Grripper with overarm blade guard

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Avery
    Anyone use the GRR-Ripper with an overarm blade guard? Seems like the design might make use of an overarm guard difficult and/or cumbersome. Dave.

Some things just aren't possible Dave. I use an Excalibur which moves out of the way easily. The Excalibur gets in the way of my Jointech and Dubby sliding tables also, but I just raise them up to clear the obstruction. Sawdust does escape. With a zero clearance insert most of it still goes into the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Avery
    Dave,

I generally flip the Brett-Guard out of the way when a cut demands the ripper, and the two are incompatible. Doesn't happen a lot.

- Ed

Keith, what kind of delivery time frame are we looking at?
    Last edited by Jim Harsha; 12-30-2003 at 9:28 AM.

Jim,

The first batch of twelve will be ordered tomorrow morning and we should be shipping them by Monday. January 5th. Delivery of additional orders depends on how long it takes for us to receive orders for twelve units.

Only 12 sold so far? That's only .007% of the membership. I find it hard to believe that there are not more people that like to save money and on a useful item that makes life in the shop a little safer.

I sure hope you sell more of these Keith. We need to prove that SMC has buying power. I like the idea of this bulk buy program. We have the potential to really make this thing work. Whats next, clamps, saw blades? The possibilities are exciting. I for one would like to see this program get off the ground.
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

I just purchased one of each. Thanks Keith for the discount you got the SMC members.
    Life Sure Is Great! Enjoy It.

Keith,

Due to the holiday's money's kinda tight. I'd love to order one but I need to wait a couple weeks. Is this a limited time offer or how long will this be available to us?? Thanks for arranging this by the way.

Randy

GRR-Ripper System Bulk Buy

Randy,

Per my original post;

This is a Special SawMill Creek Members discount from MicroJig. Orders will only be available (Visa or Mastercard) via our sponsors web site at Hampton Roads Online, follow the link below. This special price will be available until January 30th, 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Gleckler
    Keith,

Due to the holiday's money's kinda tight. I'd love to order one but I need to wait a couple weeks. Is this a limited time offer or how long will this be available to us?? Thanks for arranging this by the way.

Randy

Ohh... So If I read the whole thing I'll find the answer... Okay. Thanks.

Randy

GRR-Rippers Shipping List

Here is a list of the first order which is shipping;

Glen Clabo - 1 gripper 1 video
    James Guy - 1 gripper 1 video
    Robert Crowe - 1 gripper
    Mike Leonard - 2 grippers 1 video
    John Wadsworth - 1 gripper 1 video
    Michael Kuhn - 1 gripper
    Ken Garlock - 1 gripper 1 video
    Mark Singer - 1 gripper 1 video
    Lloyd Brown - 1 gripper 1 video
    James Harsha - 1 gripper 1 video
    Joseph Spear - 1 gripper 1 video
    Dennis Peacock - 2 grippers 1 video
    Butch Fuder - 2 grippers
    Mike Johnson - 2 grippers 1 video
    Jerry Solomon - 1 gripper 1 video
    Ron McNeil - 1 gripper 1 video
    John Spillane - 1 gripper 1 video
    Richard Bazemore - 1 gripper 1 video
    Robert Ripplinger - 2 grippers 1 video

Total 24 grippers 16 videos

The List for the second order;

John Lauber - 1 gripper 1 video
    Keith Outten - 1 gripper

I'm not taking the splitter off of my saw, will it work with a splitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roxberg
    I'm not taking the splitter off of my saw, will it work with a splitter?
    As long as the splitter is not taller than the blade height, which needs to be not much higher than the thickness of the wood.

Gee: This looks like a good deal but I don't have a DVD player is there another way to view all the how-tos of the GRR-Ripper System? If I purchase one I want to know all about how to use it.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen