Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SMC Sale Item Save 20% - Micro Jig GRR-Ripper System

SMC has just been kind enough to facilitate the bulk buy. I'd call the company and tell them about your problem. They have been extremely nice to everyone.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

Thumbs up

I'm a GRRRRRRRRRRRIPPER too. Arrived yesterday.

Thanks again
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Scott,

I will call Henry on Monday and see what he wants to do about this.

Thanks.

Jackie Outten

Thanks Jackie. No hurry, I'm just thankfull for the great deal! I can still use most of it.
    Scott

Jackie,
    I just ordered two Grippers and the DVD. When will the order be placed? Just curious - and also anxiously anticipating getting them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Outten
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the latest order of Grippers and DVD's has arrived. Half of the orders will go out today and the other half will go out tomorrow morning. If you ordered prior to January 15th you will receive your order from this batch.

I am going to place the final order on January 30th so if you are interested in getting this special price please place your order by that date. All those who ordered after January 15th will be included in the final order.

Jackie
    Just received my Gripper today,it looks pretty impressive.I would like to thanks SCM,Keith and Jackie for this opportunity to purchase an excellent safety device/tool.

Thanks,
    Pete O.

Got mine today

Grippers and DVD arrived today. No time to assemble or watch the movie, but I did take a little time to leaf through the paper. Very impressive...

Thanks for the special deal, and the efforts to make it work.

Spence

I caved in as well...

With all of the faces concerning the Grrrripper I figured I didn't want the be the only guy around without one of these new toys. So I put in my order for a Gripper and and a DVD. Two of them would have been pushing my budget a bit too much.

Hopefully my comments will be as glowing as the rest.

BTW - I just installed a 1/8 inch drill bit splitter into my zero-clearance insert. What a great little system. And it should work well with the Gripper as well.
    Last edited by Jeff Skory; 01-27-2004 at 7:26 AM.

slipped my order in under the wire...

Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered two of these things and the DVD. Tomorrow is my birthday, so that is my justification!

My table saw technique for ripping has always been a two-stick system. One stick pushes the wood down and against the fence and the other pushes it through. I've not had a kickback in years. Of course, this is not to say that one won't happen tommorrow.

However, it is pretty easy for the wood to start to veer away from the fence past the blade. And at the end of rips the cut is sometimes not perfect as the wood wanders away from parallel to the fence.

Since I am not a splitter or blade guard user, I'm looking forward to the grrripper system. I may rig a little splitter into the zero clearance insert at some point- like the 1/8" drill bit approach.

Thanks for making this offer available, Keith and Microjig!

Lynn,

As I mentioned in my post above, I just added a drill bit to my insert. Only sticks up about an inch so it works with my crosscut sled without a problem. I simply used a little epoxy glue to hold it in (my insert is made out of some type of heavy plastic).

I really like the way it works so far. The only thing I have to remember is to not try and slide the fence across the saw blade when it's down because there is now a thin stick of metal in the way.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hammelef
    Hi again Keith,
    Still thinking about the gripper, did i miss read something on the order page, It looked like shipping for 1 was $5, and for 2 it was $13.50 ?
    Is that right or Im confused as ussual?

When I looked, it said shipping for one gripper was $7. Did it increase from $5, up to $7?
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten
    Jim,

The first batch of twelve will be ordered tomorrow morning and we should be shipping them by Monday. January 5th. Delivery of additional orders depends on how long it takes for us to receive orders for twelve units.

Hi Keith,

Like Dave Hammelef, I've been thinking of ordering the gripper. But when I visited the MicroJig website, and looked at the pics and info, it appears this could be a hazard, instead of for safety. I'm concerned if your hand slips off the handle, or worst, the plastic handle breaks, and throws you into the saw blade? Isn't this a real possibility?
    wcturner
    in Hopkinsville, Ky.

"Knowledge Is Power"

"Git R Done"

Quote Originally Posted by W.C. Turner
    Hi Keith,

Like Dave Hammelef, I've been thinking of ordering the gripper. But when I visited the MicroJig website, and looked at the pics and info, it appears this could be a hazard, instead of for safety. I'm concerned if your hand slips off the handle, or worst, the plastic handle breaks, and throws you into the saw blade? Isn't this a real possibility?

WC,

The MicroJig handle is very strong and fits the hand comfortably. I think that your grip is less likely to slip with the MicroJig than when using a standard push stick or worse just your bare hand. Ripping thin stock and resawing short boards are a couple of things the MicroJig makes possible that you may not normally feel comfortable doing in many cases. The additional control the operator has using this jig is also a plus and in the long run improves overall safety. I originally ordered one jig and the DVD, then ordered the second after using the MicroJig on my tablesaw and router table.

Given the number of people who have purchased the MicroJig from this special offer I'm sure you will receive lots of comments concerning how pleased everyone is with their MicroJigs. I don't think you can beat the price either, even a woodworking show special would most likely be more expensive. We've sold over seventy MicroJigs!

Our special ends on January 31st and we will not be able to order any more MicroJigs at this price after the special expires. We have refused to order Microjigs for the general public and lots of people have tried to order without being members of SawMill Creek.

Jackie will close out this special Saturday January 31st and place our final order for MicroJigs and DVD's on Monday morning.

Just a reminder--orders for the Microjig GRRippers and DVD's must be received by tomorrrow, January 31st.

Thanks.

Jackie Outten

Thanks to everyone who placed an order. This program is officially over as of January 31st, 2004.

Jackie Outten