Thread: Craftsman 21829 TS

Craftsman 21829 TS

Anyone with this saw have any problems with the on/off switch? Mine is only 4 months old and the switch is already gone. I know the old Ryobi bt3100 had this problem, the 21829 and the 3100 are almost identacle. Sears did send me a new switch which I havnt put in yet(maybe tonite). Thanks

Looks like the same switch I had on my Craftsman saw. Went out within the first year, so Sears replaced it no charge. Second time it went out, I replaced it with a standard switch from a local electrical supply company. Didn't have any problems with it after that, but I did lose having the big paddle by making the switch.

That Sears model is made by Ryobi and shares many of the same parts as the BT. I have read about the switch problem at BT3Central about both of these saws, so you're not alone.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

21829 switch

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Keith View Post
    Anyone with this saw have any problems with the on/off switch? Mine is only 4 months old and the switch is already gone. I know the old Ryobi bt3100 had this problem, the 21829 and the 3100 are almost identacle. Sears did send me a new switch which I havnt put in yet(maybe tonite). Thanks
    Brian, a lot of people on the BT3 Central site talk about that very problem and how to fix it. I have the BT3100 saw and I didn't like the switch or it's location. So I decided to change it, I went to the Delta/ Dewalt repair
    center near my house and had them order one of the Delta tablesaw
    switches for me, I think it was $40.00 range, but well worth it, a lot better made and I mounted it where I wanted it! It is the best one that they have and use on their better contractors saws. Hope this helps
    Jim Heffner