Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best brad nailer????

best brad nailer????

wanting to get a new brad nailer, wondering what everyone out there likes, what all the reviews say the best ones are? thanks.

I bought the Porter Cable a few years ago as a set, with pancake compressor. I really don't use it much and sold the compressor 2 years ago when I got an 80 gallon 2 stage set up. The times I have used it I had no problems.
    Any day I wake up is a good day.

I've been using the Senco FinishPro 25XP for about 3 years. It does a good job and does not have to be oiled like many other models. Thus, no risk of oil on the wood.
    One thing I don't care for is the front position of the plunge pad to release the safety. This model has the pad to the front and makes visibility for precise placement a pain. Other manufacturers that have the plunge to the rear are a lot easier to see. Getting this model to shoot into a 90 degree dado joint is also tough due to this. I wish I had used a few other models before my purchase. If I were to do it again, I sure like my friend's DeWalt model.

I have both the PC and Rigid models. Both are good but I prefer the Rigid and reach for it the most. Has not jammed once, has adjustable exhaust, rafter hook or in my shop a belt hook, ergonomically fits me well, rear padded safety mechanism, oiless, can be set for auto firing, etc. Actually have two of the Rigid models due to a 3-pack purchase of finish nailer and pivot driver. I bought a Bostich once at the advice of a friend, fired less that 100 brads and took that thing back. I also have a Rigid narrow crown stapler that is worth its weight to me in gold too.
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

I have a Porter Cable & a Bostitch. Both do a good job and I have had no issues with either. I think most name brands will be fine, they are not exactly a hi-tech tool.

I've only owned one so cant really give you a comparison, but I've been happy with the DeWalt. No problems so far and it does what it's supposed to.
    Use the fence Luke

This week....... Hitachi.

Caveat. Any of the brands if cared for and used sparingly in

hobbyist mode will last a life time. Except maybe the paslode 18.

I thought that was the greatest evah. Due to ergonomics and price.

Garbage after 3 months at 40 hrs a week.

One other thing, and this is probably more information about me

then you really want to know. Last year I wouldn't of looked at a hitachi

nail gun at all. For the silliest prejudicial reason.

I don't like the whine of their chop saws.

Then I got my hands on one, nailer that is, and for now they get

my vote for best gun of the week.

Off to work, have a nice day everybody.

Per
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

I don't use brad nailers very often but I have a Hitachi. It seems to work fine, although it takes about 75-80 pounds to get it to start up when I first connect the air. I prefer using 70 lbs for light work, but the depth can be adjusted, so it's fine.

I have the Porter Cable (actually I have two of them - more on that later). It has served me very well and has never jammed. Brads are available pretty much everywhere.

I have a brand new one that came as part of a package which I am trying to sell.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56183

Make me an offer if interested. Shameless plug.

Brad Nailer, I'm using a Grizzly that was the President's special for a while. Only $29 dollars. I don't use it very often but it's worked very well.

i use a bostich 16 guage and porter cable 18 guage. both have served me well for a house renovation and the hobby but I am not using it 40 hrs/week like Per and others.
    Ben

I've had the magnesium Bostitch 18ga. for several years and I've used it quite a bit. I bought it off Ebay as a refurbished unit for cheap and it looked brand new when I got it. It's worked flawlessly. I like that it doesn't use oil for lubrication. Not only is that convenient but I never have to worry about getting any on a project and messing up the finish. I liked it so much I bought a refurbished Bostitch stapler.

Bruce

If you are looking for the best brad nailer kit, than roaming through all manufacturer’s websites might make you little overwhelmed.

Best Brad Nailer Reviews and Buying Guide of 2016
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-14-2016 at 10:30 AM.

I have found the freeman from woodcraft to be reliable for myself, the price was right for me and the occasional use I put it through. There are better nailers out there I am sure, my Bostich is over 15 years old as well as a PC I have which were also great deals for me. I just have a hard time as a hobbyist plunking down 3 hundred dollars for a nailer, but if I were a pro, I could justify that price tag.

I use an 18 gauge Porter Cable that has probably fired half a million nails, with zero issues. (hard use every day for 10 years working as a trim carpenter). I did disable the safety on it though, as I find the little pin sometimes marks or dents the surface you are nailing depending on the position of the gun.

I also use a 23 gauge Grex which is a very nice gun, although it requires a lot more maintenance than the PC.