Thread: Porter Cable framing nailer

Porter Cable framing nailer

How can this happen?

I was using my nailer to frame a bench for my miter saw and was almost complete when the nailer jammed. I pulled the air and noticed that a nail was sticking out the end. The weird thing though it was the head that was sticking out. The nail had somehow reversed itself!

I know the nails were inserted correctly; they will only go in one way.

Any ideas? I really don't want to have this happen again.

How many nails were left? I believe PCs are oiled nailers. Was it oiled recently?

Regards,

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.

I had about a half clip left and yes, I did oil it with about 3 drops just before I started using it.

have you had any problems prior (or since)? i've had all kinds of funky jams with my bostich stick gun but nothing like that. nail could somehow bent in half... i would worry about it too much. misfires/jams/funky nails happen. good job oiling it.

jud

This was only the second time I've use it and no, I haven't had any other problems. I was unable to extract the nail even after partially disassembling the nailer. I just sent it back to the factory repair facility to take care of it. It is only about 6 months old so it is still under warranty.

I have seen that with my sence but the nail is always the last of a stick of nails and it is always loose. Happens mostly with 6d or 8ds.
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    This was only the second time I've use it and no, I haven't had any other problems. I was unable to extract the nail even after partially disassembling the nailer. I just sent it back to the factory repair facility to take care of it. It is only about 6 months old so it is still under warranty.
    Rick,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems. My framing and 15g nailers are Hitachi. All the rest of other my guns (18g nailer, palm nailer, 1/4" crown stapler, and upholstery stapler ) are PC. Quite frankly, I was concerned about buying PC, but I've been VERY happy with them. Not one single jam and depth control on the 18g and 1/4" stapler is about perfect. (I'm sure that you want to hear that.)

I hope it works out well.

Regards,

Dan.
    It's amazing what you can accomplish in the 11th hour, 59 minute of any project. Ya just have to keep your eye on the goal.