Thread: Forum question

Question Forum question

Hi:

I got a question about logging in and out of the forum.

1. When I log in to the forum, I have to type in my name and password each time. When I log out, all my cookies get deleted. I did check the little box to save the cookies so that I would not have to type in my name and password each time, but that did not do anything. I also deleted all of my cookies and restarted the computer. Anyone have any idea as to what else can be done?

Thanks,

Bob

don't log out,,,,just leave,,,then when you come back you'll still be logged in,,,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bob weis
    Hi:

I got a question about logging in and out of the forum.

1. When I log in to the forum, I have to type in my name and password each time. When I log out, all my cookies get deleted. I did check the little box to save the cookies so that I would not have to type in my name and password each time, but that did not do anything. I also deleted all of my cookies and restarted the computer. Anyone have any idea as to what else can be done?

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob,

When you click the button to 'log out' of the forums, your cookies get cleared, allowing someone else to log in (hence the reappearance of the username/password box).

By just leaving SMC, you will automatically log out after 30 minutes, preserving your cookies. Your cookies will be searched for automatically when you come back to SMC--if you didn't explicitly log out when you left, you won't have to log back in when you come back.

_Aaron_