Thread: Radial Arm Saw by Eumenia

Radial Arm Saw by Eumenia

Does anybody out there have first hand experience with a european Radial Arm Saw by Eumenia? Once upon a time I believe it was distributed by Inca. I searched the forums (incl. Inca) and came up with some miscellaneous facts.

I may be able to pick one up and I was just curious to get some feedback.

thanks in advance.......roger savatteri

Inca was bought by a French firm 9 or 10 years back, but has since ceased to be. Eumenia were Austrian and again they've gone the way of the world. They're a pretty lightweight saw, so I wouldn't expect to be able to cut trenches/dado on them. The machines are more common in Europe. Have you thought about asking anyone on a European formu such as UK Workshop?

Phil

I bought one of those Inca Radial Arm Saws about 20 years ago, but haven`t used it for at least 12 years (it is in my basement,disassembled).

It has the optional long arm, about 36 inches. It uses a 9 inch blade.

Check the condition of the arm, if it is corroded or pitted the saw will be even less accurate.

The arm is stationary, the table is moved to cut angles, so if you are cutting a long piece the saw must be away from the wall.

I would not spend much money on this model saw.

I also purhcased one of the Inca Radial Arm Saws 20-or-so years ago. I have had several Inca tools and love them, but that saw was a POS. It was light weight and had a lot of flex. It required a lot of tinkering to keep square. It was a great idea, but a poor execution.

Larry

Want to buy your Eumenia RAS

Hello,

I'm very interested in purchasing your Inca Radial Arm Saw with the extended arm.

Please contact me at: veritouch@gmail.com.

Thanks very much!

Gary Brant
    Staten Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Grote View Post
    I bought one of those Inca Radial Arm Saws about 20 years ago, but haven`t used it for at least 12 years (it is in my basement,disassembled).

It has the optional long arm, about 36 inches. It uses a 9 inch blade.

Check the condition of the arm, if it is corroded or pitted the saw will be even less accurate.

The arm is stationary, the table is moved to cut angles, so if you are cutting a long piece the saw must be away from the wall.

I would not spend much money on this model saw.