Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forrest 10" 40t 1/8 $64.30

forrest 10" 40t 1/8 $64.30

As of this hour the forrest 10" 40 tooth, 1/8" saw blade is $64.30 at Amazon. If you search "forrest saw blade" it pops up $64.30, when I searched "forrest 10" saw blade" it popped up $84.99 ( the same blade ). I ordered the $64.30 one. No guarantee how many hours this will last. I found it looking at the best selling powertools section. It was listed at the $64.30 figure there.
    Just FYI in case anyone is interested.
    Gary

Thanks Gary, just picked one up

Thank you. This is my first post. I just grabbed one. I appreciate the heads up!

Hey

I just discovered this and thought " I ba a nice guy and tell everyone "
    only to see you beat me to it.

the last thing i need, is another gp blade....... or any blade, for that matter.
    my inventory of blades is larger than my local retail tool outlet.
    currently there's a ridge ts2000 on the saw with tenryu, everlast, dynamic, forrests, freuds, and the full compliment of lietz made stuff sitting in a big box.
    but .... my finger hit the "one click buy" button before my brain could intercede.

this is clinical - geeeze........ just swell haha

does anyone run this with the blade stiffener? Just wondering if its necessary. I have the Ridgid 3650.

I bought one as well...Thanks for the heads-up on a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by mike roe View Post
    does anyone run this with the blade stiffener? Just wondering if its necessary. I have the Ridgid 3650.
    Mike, I just received one in the mail yeserday ($84, but I am still happy about it) that I got because of the common wisdom that 1/8" kef blades do not need stiffeners. My other blade is the thin kerf woodworker II with a stiffener. I do a little resawing with the table saw and the stiffener reduces how deep I can cut.

So I think the answer is no, you do not need a stiffener with this blade.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Thanks for pointing this out, great price, I picked one up...

I have a thin-kerf and a regular kerf WWII. The stiffener doesn't seem to do anything useful for either one.

Thumbs up Just in time

Just placed my order and I can finally say I own a forest blade. I've been using a 50T freud blade that has servered me well but I'm starting to see some marks when ripping. I could never seem to buck up and spend over 100 dollars on a forest blade but now I can compare it to the freud. Thanks again for the price tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    Mike, I just received one in the mail yeserday ($84, but I am still happy about it) that I got because of the common wisdom that 1/8" kef blades do not need stiffeners. My other blade is the thin kerf woodworker II with a stiffener. I do a little resawing with the table saw and the stiffener reduces how deep I can cut.

So I think the answer is no, you do not need a stiffener with this blade.
    Ask Amazon about their price match- they can only say yes, or no.

Quote Originally Posted by mike roe View Post
    No stiffener needed for the full kerf, and I've never noticed a difference even on the thin kerf version...FWIW, many folks report similar results, so I'd say skip the stiffener...save your money. The WWII TK is ~ $67 on Amazon and will have a better feedrate on your 3650 than the full kerf.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I just checked Amazon's web site (searched for "forrest saw blade") and they show the .125 kerf saw blade (model #WW10407125 ) for $89.99.The .100 kerf saw blade (model # WW10407100) is $67.68. I don't see one for $64.30. Gary, do you know which model was this price?

Must be gone. I just checked and it wasn't there.