Thread: Delta table saw switch wiring.

Delta table saw switch wiring.

My daughter tried honing her electrician skills by pulling all the wires on the switch/circuit breaker assembly of my delta 10" motorized saw 34-670. There are three wires from the power cord (black, white, green), and three wires to the motor(black, white, green). What wires do I connect to the switch (separate assembly) and the circuit breaker mounted right next to the switch?

Any ideas would be appreciated, and I'm willing to try any ideas at my own risk.

Sam

Blog Entries
    Delta has their owners manuals online including wiring diagrams. I would check there to be sure.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Here is the wiring diagram from Delta for a 34-670.

Enjoy.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Black is Hot, White is Neutral and Green is Ground. Green to Green, White to White and Black goes thru the switch.

Assuming, of course, that they use the "standard" color codes. Use this information at your own risk.

[Edit] Oops! Looks like Mike beat me to the punch! [/Edit]
    Last edited by Brian Dormer; 05-01-2007 at 4:40 PM.

Thumbs up tablesaw switch wiring

Quote Originally Posted by sam damon View Post
    My daughter tried honing her electrician skills by pulling all the wires on the switch/circuit breaker assembly of my delta 10" motorized saw 34-670. There are three wires from the power cord (black, white, green), and three wires to the motor(black, white, green). What wires do I connect to the switch (separate assembly) and the circuit breaker mounted right next to the switch?

Any ideas would be appreciated, and I'm willing to try any ideas at my own risk.

Sam
    Sam ,(1) connect the two green wires together and ground them to the switch box case (2) connect the two white (neutral) wires together with a wire nut (3) connect the black wires to the switch terminals, one wire
    to each terminal, mount the switch in the box, plug it in and turn it on.
    then you are good to go! All a switch does in a circuit is makes and breaks a hot wire,
    just that simple, first lesson I learned when I was an apprentice electrician. Jim
    Last edited by Jim Heffner; 05-02-2007 at 12:00 AM.