Thread: First dealings with Curly Woods

Talking First dealings with Curly Woods

I had wanted to post a message about this wonderful experience earlier but I had a little computer problem. I was reluctant to call Curly Woods because I was not really sure of what I needed. I called and talked to a really nice guy named Frank that was so very helpful. I told Frank that I was looking for a couple of pieces of wood to turn into two collection plates for my church.
    He was very helpful and dug through the lumber piles to try and find something to help me out.
    The result was two pieces of beautiful curly myrtle. I thought I would post a picture of the wood before I Butchered them on my lathe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Don Farr; 01-02-2004 at 6:15 PM.
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Well, where's the pictures of the finished product. I'm waiting!!!
    Good luck.
    Lynn
    Lynn J. Sonier

Don, judging from those blanks, your collection plates are going to be outstanding. There be some very nice action going on there!! Do post pics of the final results. BTW, I believe there was an article in the AAW magazine awhile back that featured some nesting collection plates...the profile was such that they stacked cleanly without interfering with each other.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Don,

You are certainly right about Frank being a nice guy and Mike is...............almost as nice as Frank!

I don't think you will find a lumber supplier anywhere that cares as much about providing quality product with quality service.

Bob

I'm pretty lucky in that I'm only about 20 minutes away from Curly Woods. Though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Mike yet, I've also dealt with Frank in person, at the shop. He spent close to 2 hours helping me select boards for a cherry crib I'm working on. And, he did it with a smile! His great attitude and helpful nature ensured they will have this customer for a long time. You just can't find customer service like that many places anymore. I've since purchased some curly maple there, and had a similarly great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lasley
    Don,

You are certainly right about Frank being a nice guy and Mike is...............almost as nice as Frank!

I don't think you will find a lumber supplier anywhere that cares as much about providing quality product with quality service.

Bob

Thank you one and all for your kind words. I will certainly let Frank know about your thoughts as well. He is a wonderful employee and I am truly blessed to have him.
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods