Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Question Weekend doin's?

Whoopee it's Friday!! (If it's really only Thursday, don't tell me.)

Supposed to be a nice weekend here in Okieland, so I may try to get a little outside work done, such as tree pruning. I have almost completed the design on LOML's blanket chest, so I may get started on that. I also need to saw up pen blanks out of usable cutoffs before I start culling scrap. If you haven't guessed yet, I have not really planned my weekend! I'll just roll with the flow and see what happens.

So what's going on in your world this weekend? Any good projects going?

Have a great weekend everyone,
    Bob

Well....I'm gonna try and give you a call this weekend to see about "Padding Shellac"......I want to try it this weekend and I need TIPS.

The newspaper folks will be here in less than an hour...gotta go and get ready for that. I hope to do some WW stuff and pen turning this weekend.

My internet connection (cable modem) has been in and out of service every day this week.....I'll be glad when they get the lines fixed.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I will be in the shop working on the entertainment I don't get much time out there during the week my job gets in the way,,
    Mike

I've got to get the shop cleaned up. I have to go to Chicago on Monday & Tues. and hopefully there'll be a big Mini Max truck at my place on Wed. (Note to self: Get clean-up rags)
    I used to just take it from day to day, and now I just take it till noon.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Get to play plumber this weekend. (No belt Cleavage) Cutting into the main DWV to relocate my kitchen drain. A little shop time and an evening with an old S.O......I'm cooking.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

10 yo son has a basketball tourny (again) and this time our club is hosting it - meaning we (parents) get to "volunteer" for concession stand, scorekeeping, and other duties, so shop time will be limited - but its worth it

It will be a little nippy this weekend for "actual woodworking", but it will still be a busy weekend in the shop. In a few minutes I'm off to the Roadway terminal to pick up the Stubby. Tonight, I'll be getting the OneWay ready for the buyer to pick up in the morning. Aside from assembling the new lathe, I'll be working on the reconstruction/reconfiguration of the DC and compressor closet and some minor adjustments to the MM-16. Should be a quiet weekend as LOML is in the final throws of getting a large grant application ready and will probably be at her office all weekend. So other than "doing my chores" and occasional birdie head scratches, the shop will be where I'll be for most of the weekend.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The weather is suppose to be nice here too. I may try and get the leaves I left from fall cleaned up.

Clean shop, again. I think it just gets dirty too much.

I started painting the base on my accent table this week, so I need to touch up sand a few spots that I didn't get sanded all the way (gloss black lacquer does a great job of pointing out where you missed ). Lite sand the rest for hopefully only two more coats. Then I get to mask and cover the black and work towards a clear finish coat for the parts that aren't black. The top needs to be attached, and then I am hopefully going to be finished by Sunday evening.

I have to begin laying out the next project. A set of shelves SWMBO found in a magazine/catalog. Time permitting, I will also begin on a small table to sit next to the recliner for my frosty cans of brewsky or the wife's coffee.
    Last edited by Scott Coffelt; 01-23-2004 at 11:47 AM.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Angry No SMC for awhile

I have a Sunday morning, 6AM flight to Kodiak Alaska via Salt Lake City, and will be up there from 1 to 6 weeks - depending on how things go. I sure hope it’s closer to 1 week! This is the wrong time of the year to be in Alaska!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce your flat out crazyyyyyyyyyy

too dang cold for me in Alaska in February.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Coffelt
    too dang cold for me in Alaska in February.
    It's not a pleasure trip - I don't have much choice.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I HAVE to get some serious time in on the Coffin Project before the weekend is out. This thing is in my way, and it has to go before my Pen Kits arrive and I am in the "Zone" on Freedom Pen Turning. In between working the Coffin, I have many visits to make regarding support and supplies for the Freedom Pen Project. Made a few contacts today regarding Corain, and I think at least one may pan out. Other than these projects, nothing else planned. (My goal is to have the interior of the Coffin Stained, Shelves cut, stained and installed, and the base
    constructed and Stained.) Whew, I is TIRED just looking at that list!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

I have a basketball game for my 7 year old daughter on Saturday and a birthday to go to Sunday. The rest of the weekend will be drilling all the pen blanks I have in preparation of the pen kits. I hope tp go by the Woodcraft in Roswell GA. and see what kind of support we can get there.

If anyone has already done this let me know.

Roger

COLD, COLD & COLDER!!

Supposed to reach -20° F here tonight, I'll never gte the shop warm enough to do anything.

Going to a tool warehouse to get some off-brand Handscrew Clamps at a price of $3 - $6 a piece. Won't feel too bad if they get "bit" by the tooling that way.

Been working on piping up the DC. I got the 5 micron bag for the Jet DC today. Also need to finish mounting the router table to the TS. Hope to make the DC blast gates on Sunday using Terry Hatfield's design. Maybe by Monday evening I can start making some sawdust for real!